Bottling bubbles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Geordiepete

Reaction score
I know your supposed to always avoid getting bubbles and accidently aerating your beer when transfering it to a keg or secondary fermenter and I can always transfer it succesfully. However, I bottled for the first time today and no matter what I tried I always got bubbles, probs because of the angle of the hose i'm not sure, anyway, all I could do was make sure I let the beer run on and over fill the bottle so the bubbles ran over.

Anybody know whether this will be sufficient to stop oxidisation or not?

When i say bubbles I do mean a few light ones on the surface it wasn't churning up and splashing around or anything like that?

Any thoughts?

:eek:

Alot of times the seal between the hose and racking cane or bottling wand is not tight enough thus letting air in. Seal a hose clamp around that or just try pushing the hose on a bit more.

I think I get the same bubbles.... I think it is from the beer leaving the filler and hittling the side of the bottle! I am new at this aswell but I don;t think it is anything to worrie about. I just stop when those few bubble are right at the lip of the bottle!

I was just using a hose direct from the fermenter tap to the bottle and it was on the tap securley, all the way on in fact. Interesting what you say about the clamp though I think that would help alot. I think my problem came from switching the tap on and off between each bottle, i.e. the beer always had to run the length of the hose before it hit the bottom of the bottle which would cause the bubbles as it hit. If I clamped the hose right at the end mabey i'd be ok?

Back