Duff

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

russrob81

Reaction score
My favourite television show of all time is the Simpsons. This program takes place in the town of Springfield USandA. The main character in this show is Homer Simpson. Homer is a typical gentleman, albeit a little slow at times. One of mr Simpsons favourite activities is passing time at Moes tavern with his pals Barney, Lenny, Carl, and Bar flies 1&2. The proprietor of this establishment is Moe Syzlack who keeps a double barrelled shot gun behind the counter and uses it more to threaten patrons who fail to pay their tabs then to thwart would be robbers. Now Springfield is a fictional place so the friendly atmosphere of Moes is not to be found in my area. However the preferred beverage of this town is a,presumably, wonderful beer known as Duff. I have searched far and wide for this brew. Even went to Springfield Virginia, but alas I have a feeling this brew is fictitious as well. Ahh but wait, my new hobby is brewing beer so if I can't find this beer I could always make it. I think it's safe to assume this beer is a fairly standard American pale session beer along the lines of a bmc that can be enjoyed by all. I have never devised a recipe myself so I made this thread for some feed back on the recipe before brewing it in a few weeks. Should be quick to be ready after brewing. Here goes the grain bill
9.50# pale malt 2-row us
.5# carapils/dextrine
.5# victory malt
Hop bill
1 oz cascade 60 min
.5 oz ultra 10 min
Yeast
Wyeast 1056
Additions
1tsp Irish moss 15 mins boil
Ferment
10 days primary
14 days keg
Serve and enjoy
Est (from Ibrewmaster)
Og 1.048
Fg 1.012
Abv 4.72%
Ibu 21.83
Tell me what you think.
Thank you

I love the simpsons! And I am interested as to how this will turn out. I am going to subscribe and watch this recipe transform into Duff beer.

P.s. sorry I am of no help, I am still new to brewing lol.

So you're trying to clone one of the real Duff beers who also cloned the ficticious beer? Err... no you're making your own duff.

This duffs for you!

This duffs confusing! (Too many duffs!)

Good luck friend. Let us know how it turns out.

Bilbos Pizza in Kalamazoo brews Duff beer. Looking at picture of Barney, I'd say this is a quaffer, yet mildly sophisticated. The drawing looks a little darker than BMC, though. I remember when Homer asked for something different and Moe put two dots over the U and said it was (pronounced) Doof because it was foreign.

Back