Ingredient kits

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DoubleDuse

Reaction score
Has anyone brewed the black ipa kit from Red Beaver? Just received it in the mail and will be giving it a go this weekend. Pros-cons?

This is day 3 and she is really humming away. So I'm still kind of a newb at all grain so I had a few issues with this recipe. The recipe doesn't give you an amount of water for your mash in. I use a 5 gal HD water jug and I went with 4 gals which was a little to much. Grain bill is right at 12.5#. And it also says a 10 minute spare which is ridiculous, I spent the better part of an hour trying to get my brew pot filled. But the good news is my efficiency should be pretty good, it says the OG should be 1.075 and I'm at 074. YEAH BEER
image-4210730002.jpg

Well my mini fridge fermentation chamber decided to die on me last night. My temp got up to 78 so I'm not to worried, I should be able to keep my temp around 72 for the rest of fermentation as long as we don't get too many more hot days down here in PCB. Hopefully I'll be able to get my fridge working again when she goes to secondary

Secondary is complete and I couldn't be hoppier!!! The recipe said the OG should be 1.072, mine came out at 1.074, and the ABV is 7.0 and mine is 8.3..... I think the reason being is that with the kit they give you a large bag of priming sugar and you're supposed to save a some for bottling but I just brew it all in. She's in the keg now so we'll see how she taste with carb on it tomorrow

Back