This dude did everything wrong...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I feel like I just watched myself explaining the making of my first batch of JOAM to my friends at the beginning of my obsession, except that I found my glass jug in someone's recycling and used a balloon for an airlock.

For the record I cleaned the jug a lot before using it... turned out great :rockin:

I wonder what his mead tastes like? I have never made mead but it seem that e didn't care about being sanitary at all.

He is from my area. I was confused about his 2:1 ratio since he said he had perhaps 24oz honey, plus whatever amount of propolis-royal jelly-honey, that does not equal one gallon. Or am I missing something? That had to a super low gravity mead. The lack of cleaning/sanitation bothered me, he could have at least mentioned it. Even think he dropped something on the floor and picked it up, the airlock maybe?

I found it interesting that he was big about liking his mead dry, but used a sweet mead yeast. I think even bread yeast would knock that must dry with so little honey. Looks like maybe an 8 or 12 oz jar of that other stuff. That's only 2 lbs.

I think what he proved is the brewing process is a lot more forgiving than a lot of people give it credit for. I'm as guilty as the next guy of writing into the forum in a panic for whatever reason, and here we have a guy who uses way too little honey and doesnt sanitize anything and still comes out with a drinkable product.

Maybe his mead tastes like bandaids? If I told you "I make the best mead in the world", would you go around telling people you know who makes the best mead in the world without having tasted it? Or seen the finished product?

Hey, there's a reason we do things the proper way. I just think this proved the point that minor errors or lapses in judgement arent the end of the world.

I dub this guy's meadery, Clown Shoe's House of Hon-ey. I feel like he definitely got dropped on his head as a child.

HA! I hope I see him at My Old Kentucky Homebrew next time I'm there so I can compliment him on his technique :D

HA! I hope I see him at My Old Kentucky Homebrew next time I'm there so I can compliment him on his technique :D

I don't know man, he might go ranting on you about your unhealthy ingredients, and how you should use propane paste or whatever crap he threw in there. Nothing says health food like alcohol :mug:

How hairy of a bush do you think his SWMBO has? I bet he's tried farming yeast outta there just to be more natural brah. Too far?

What an idiot. He is definitely asking for an infection or on a longshot a case of botulism if we're lucky.

I'm absolutely mesmerized by this guy's vids. He's managed to botch and wussify everything from mead to nutrition to relationships.

I wish I could plant a patch of poisonous reishi mushrooms near his home for him to "happen" upon and pick. Or maybe just wait outside his home with a giant dried herbal root bat and simply beat him to death. Take a look at just the screenshots of his whopping 423 videos in chronological order and watch him get skinnier and skinnier like an internment camp victim. I'm pretty sure he does jankem on a regular basis because it is of course "all-natural" and "spiritually cleansing".

just think of how much time I've wasted sanitizing measuring and reading andI still have to wait many months before I have a drinkable mead. He only needed a couple of weeks. He must be better than me.

Alcohol only cures one alement and that be thirst. Side effects include but are not limited to... Liver failure, bastard children, forgetting things, vomiting in and out of public, peeing in places and on things that aren't bathrooms...

Ill have another mead please. I'm trying to be healthy here.

Back