Work boots

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sorefingers23

Reaction score
I work in an auto body shop and walk and stand on cement floors all day. Im looking for a really good pair of work shoes/boots.
Does anyone have any recommendations?

Rocky Branson Roper Slide On's. I bought my 4th pair of these over the weekend. If you like slide on's, these are the best I have found.

Can't make any recomendations for the boots but a good pair of insoles can't be beat if you are on your feet all day :)

I've been in the oilfields for a while and I've had many different brands, the saltwater eats them up. I really like Georgia but that is just personal preference. Plan to spend 150-200 on a good pair and you won't regret it no matter what brand you buy. Oh and slip ons rule!! When I was a mechanic I wore lace ups, but now I've seen the light.

I have had my Red Wings for over three years and they're still in really good shape. They could use a re-soling, but they're by no means in any sort of disrepair. All I did when I got them was change out the stock insole for a Dr. Scholls insole. They're so comfortable even after being on my feet for several hours at a time. They're not slide ons, though, but I don't know if that is an issue for you.

I loved the pair of Bates that I was issued in basic training (US Navy, Hooyah) and wore them all the time when I got out. They take some time to break in, but when you wear them all the time it is easy. I just wish I could remember the ones I had...

Gotta throw in my hat for Georgia Boots. Work in a Bio Diesel plant and spend most of my day on my feet as well the boots plus a nice insole and i feel like ive been wearing tennis shoes all day.

I'd also highly recommend redwing. I like the worx line. They're slightly less expensive but I had a pair that lasted me 2 years. Go to a redwing store, they have really good service.

Check out Doc Marten's industrial line, super comfy and durable.

When I was out on the factory floor, this is what I wore. I went thru 3 pair, in 5 years. I had a pair each of steel toe boots, steel shoe shoes, and plain toe industrial shoes. The metal chips and turnings ate up the soles when I was in the machine shop, but that was the same for any brand. I put a new pair of DM insoles in then every 4-6 Months. They were also really good in damp and oily floors.

I wear Timberland PRO steel toes at work. Been in them about 7 months. Holding up great and pretty comfortable. Are steel toes a requirement?

Back