Anyone have a grappa recipe?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fly223

Reaction score
Hello folks,

Could some of you help me out with a Grappa recipe? I recently pressed approx. 100 cases of grapes and a few of us were looking to make Grappa out of the skins. Does anyone have a recipe for Grappa?

Thanks in advance,
Joe

why? Do you need strip some paint off some furniture??:)

Serious: Grappa is a distilled product, ain't gonna find much advice on that in this forum.

The place that I purchased my grapes from this year had a ton of stills etc. for sale. Are you allowed to make any for home use?

Individuals aren't allowed to distill their own liquors, at least not in the U.S. Usually any stills you will see being sold will say things like for perfume making or extracting herbal essences, etc.

But yes, grappa, oh that is so good. Yes some will say it tastes like paint thinner, but no it's much more complex than that, it's just it can be a bit powerful.

I enjoy Grappa a lot.. I esp. enjoy it with expresso coffee. I generally add a table spoon of Grappa into my Cafe' in the evening.

Grappa is a distillate and this forum is for basic fermented products only. There are other forums out there if you search.

Hello folks,

Could some of you help me out with a Grappa recipe? I recently pressed approx. 100 cases of grapes and a few of us were looking to make Grappa out of the skins. Does anyone have a recipe for Grappa?

Thanks in advance,
Joe

True grappa is made from everything left behind in the press. Skins, seeds and stems. Caution is needed because of the production of methanol from the woody products..

bosco

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back