Because Im stuck at work. Making a De-gassing wand DIY!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GooBrew

Reaction score
I have recently seen several threads of members asking about how to degas and then ask how to make a wand. Well Im bored and have mastered the art of Paint-shop. :D

Maybe someone can sticky this?

Theres a few different methods of making your own with a coat hanger. This is the way I did mine. It gets a nice whirl-pool action going on.

As long as someone found it useful. :)

I think I'll make one like that to, I took a piece of plastic rod and dipped it in boiling water until I could bend it into something similar.

Resurrecting the thread, I can only say: I did this yesterday, and it saved me $12 over buying one at the LHBS. I cut it to fit the mouth of my Better Bottle, and it worked perfectly when used. Brilliant!

Look at that, I join this forum, and within 5 minutes I found something to save me money (especially since I have a ton of extra plastic coat hangers right now!). :mug:

Ok, I will ask the very stupid question. What do you do with this "wand", when do you doi it and why?

It is obvious that I have never done this

Sheldon

and the answer seems to be that it us used in wine and mead making. I am strickly beer.

Lesson learned: read the title of the post.

I would think that a hanger would not be thick/have enough mass to provide a good aeration as opposed to a mash paddle. Just my 2 cents.

Sheldon

and the answer seems to be that it us used in wine and mead making. I am strickly beer.

Lesson learned: read the title of the post.
The real question is: why are you reading the winemaking forum if you're strickly [sic] beer?

Back