Flat Beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BENDJOSEPH

Reaction score
I am tasting my third batch, and it is flat. I bottled in 1 liter, flip top bottles. My local brew supplier recommend Cooper drops which I used in the 12oz bottles. There they worked fine. It is 1 drop per 12 oz, so I used 3 in my 1 liter. Can anyone tell me why it is flat?

How long has the beer been in the bottles? What temperature are you keeping the bottles at?

I also bottle in 1 liter fliptops and in my experience they need more time to carbonate. Also, one has to be real careful to seat the top absolutely straight on the bottle mouth; if they are just slightly tilted, the top may not completely seal your bottles

give it another week or 2 for full carbonation
was there any fizz? should be some but maybe no head at 2 weeks

There was a slight fizz, plus a small head. I only opened two of the eight I bottled. I will let the others sit.

Use the mind set of bigger is better but takes more time to perfect... It's easy to make a mud pie in the front yard but it takes week to make a mud track in the back yard.... I would give it a couple of weeks more to carbonate... I ran into an issue with carbonation once and I made a simple mix of some corn sugar in water and added a couple drops per bottle and it made it better... Good luck...
:ban:

Back