First full 5 gal boil

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2nd Street Brewery

Reaction score
Well I'm doing my first full boil so I can try out my new immersion chiller. Bringing 6 gal to boil right now. Only problem is dam it is F'n windy today. I have to stand guard over the pot to keep leaves out. Had to go today since they are calling for rain tommorrow.

Next time you are at the hardware store, get a small window screen or a piece of metal screening.

Well I've got the chiller going now, the leaves weren't as bad as I thought but getting the wort up to boil was longer than I thought. Also, memo to self, bag the DME. I buy in bulk and had a big old bowl of it to spoon in, the wind wrecks havoc with DME:drunk: . Managed thought so all is good. After getting this cooled down have to pick up flowers for the wife for our anniversery since I'll be going out tonight. Have to cook wings at the firehouse for our pizza and wing night.:rockin:

edit: chiller working great, down to 90deg in 10 min

Back