Fermentation Duration?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RiversC174

Reaction score
I am brewing Coopers Australian Ale and am using top fermenting yeast. My brew is fermenting at about 64 degrees F. It has been fermenting for about 5 1/2 days now and I have been paying attention to the bubble activity in the airlock. It has significantly slowed down. I know this is to be expected, I just wanted to know if anyone knew about how long my ale would take to ferment at this temperature. I was thinking about 6 days. Someone help? Thanks!

It varies. Wait until the bubbles come really slowly, and rack to secondary. Once your gravity is where you want it and the yeast is settling out, you're ready to bottle.

You're close, but another couple days wouldn't hurt. If you are planning using a secondary, rack it when it gets to 2 bpm.

You are on the bottom end of the temperture recommended for that type of yeast and so it will take longer to finnish but IMO will taste beter. Wait until your brew is finnished before racking to secondary. Check using your hydrometer.

Back