Options for a 59 gallon barrel stand

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EinGutesBiersSWMBO

Reaction score
Does anyone have any ideas, pics, or plans for a 59 gallon barrel wood stand? I've come across a good variety of stands for the 30 gallon and under barrels, but not a lot for the big guys.

I'd like to get enough height on it so I can easily transfer beer out of it, but I understand these barrels full can weigh about 600lbs. That's going to need to be one stout stand.

The final thought, I'd really like for it to look at least a little nice, since it will be going in our family room.

Any thoughts or suggestions are appreciated. Cheers!

Most breweries I see have their big barrels on steel stackable shelves.

I would use some heftier lumber and make a cradle with at least 2" thickness by 8" height on the front and back faces. Match the contour of the barrel with the front face and rear face cuts. Look at some of the small barrel holders and scale it up.

I went with 2x6's, big bolts, and lots of supports. I didn't want to post back until I knew how it would hold up. So far so good. It's been full of Bier de Garde for a few months now. No leaks and no creaks (or Krieks).

:mug:

barrel.jpg

Latest posts

Back