Music City Brewers 15 th annual Brew Off

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

philsner

Reaction score
Music City Brewers invite you to our 15 th annual Music City Brew Off, October 8 and 9, 2010. In our continuing efforts to make our competition the finest in the South East, it will be held at the Courtyard Marriott Conference Center in Goodlettsville, TN (865 Conference Drive, 37072). Room rates are extremely reasonable and a link can be found at www.musiccitybrewers.com to make your reservations, or you can call the hotel at 615-851-3000. Be sure to identify yourselves with the MCB Brew Off.

Kicking off our festivities will be a buffet dinner pared with homebrewed beers,
and a presentation by Dave Miller, author of Dave Miller’s Homebrewing Guide
and AHA Style Series: Continental Pilsner.

We will feature our 2nd Club Crawl after dinner with regional clubs serving up
their finest brews. If your club would like to participate in this event,
contact Jonathan Adams, email [email protected]

Saturday morning our BJCP/AHA Sanctioned Competition will commence with
judge and steward orientation at 8:30 AM. There will be two judging sessions:
morning beginning at 9:00 AM and afternoon, Lunch will be provided for all
judges and stewards. Judges will receive a special gift from the MCB in
appreciation for their participation.

Categories 1-23 will receive medals & gift certificates, BOS will receive a medal and gift certificate of $150, and Best of Meads and Ciders will receive medals and gift certificates. The winner of the annual Hop God Challenge will receive a $250 gift certificate. Gift certificates are from our Corporate Sponsor, Rebel Brewing.
A special award, "The Ed Tate Club Award” honoring a previous club president
who has passed away, will be given to one of the clubs with a minimum of 10
category involvement. The winning club will receive an engraved plaque and
their name will be engraved on a permanent plaque held by the Music City
Brewers.

Our new event will be an in-house Pub Crawl at the hotel with several local and regionally brewed beers, along with homebrews in the continuing Club Crawl. Dinner will be on your own Saturday night, with our recommendation of the hotel’s Bistro although there are several other fine restaurants in close
proximity. After dinner, the Awards Ceremony and Loaded Raffle will begin.
The raffle proceeds will be donated, in part, to the Children’s Miracle Network.

Judge, steward, entry information, hotel reservations, and all the other
necessary information you need is on our website: www.musiccitybrewers.com. All entries (due Sept. 10 - 24) are to be shipped to MCBO c/o Rebel Brewer Homebrew Supply, 105 Space Park North, Goodlettsville, TN 37072.(615-859-2128).
Store hours for drop off are Tuesday-Friday 12:00 PM to 6:00 PM and
Saturday from 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM.

For more information, please view our website at www.musiccitybrewers.com or
contact Jonathan Adams, Competition Director, email [email protected]
(615-504-7673).

All entries for the 2010 Music City BrewOff must be registered online by September 21st & received at Rebel Brewer by September 24th.
Thanks

I emailed the email address they have on the event page, and they replied an hour later with the PDF of the results...

I took 2nd place in Porters (they combined all three styles), and came in 2nd to the beer that was runner-up best in show... I can live with that. :)

I tried uploading it, but the forum has a 19.5K limit on PDF, which seems a bit restrictive... I haven't seen many PDfs under 20K in my day to day experience. C'est la vie, I'm sure they will email it to you as well if you ask... good luck!

I emailed the email address they have on the event page, and they replied an hour later with the PDF of the results...

I took 2nd place in Porters (they combined all three styles), and came in 2nd to the beer that was runner-up best in show... I can live with that. :)

I tried uploading it, but the forum has a 19.5K limit on PDF, which seems a bit restrictive... I haven't seen many PDfs under 20K in my day to day experience. C'est la vie, I'm sure they will email it to you as well if you ask... good luck!

Thanks for the help, yeah and that it pretty dumb about the pdf.

Full disclosure: I sent my original email to the main club email...

Sent another to the guy mentioned on the competition site, and he responded quickly... He is going to have the score sheets sent out early next week...

Woo hoo, that Robust Porter was my first 40-point beer! Not one of these situations where one judge had it at 38 and one had it at 42 and they met in the middle... they were 40 and 41, for a combined score of 40.5

I super stoked about that... that Baltic that won must have been heavenly. :)

Back