How to convert a wort chiller from a hose connection to a sink connection?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wolfgre

Reaction score
How do i convert a wort chiller from a hose connection to a sink connection? what type of fitting do i need???

If the big store don't have them try your mom and pop TruValue or Ace. HD didn't have one for mine, but maw and paw did.

do you think i can take the dcorative piece off the spout. or i can get a double male connctor and attach under the sink.

Sometimes there is a threaded ring that is underneath the spout. That could be removed, if available. I would not take apart the faucet, that would be a pain to use during the brewing process. Maybe it would not be too difficult to fit a double male connector under neath the sink . . . just make sure the connector thread fits whatever size hose you are going to use. Do you know how to install cpvc fittings?

dude, you are golden. a dual male connector with valves would be primo. there are even fittings that do not require primer and dope! shark bite or something . . . check at lowes or HD. Just cut and fit, it uses some sort of internal metal gripping deal. A bit expensive, but easy as hell! I would also get a u-brace to support the cpvc stub out when a hose is attached to it.

Back