What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
image-2534986499.jpg

Cigar City Humidor Series Double American Black Ale. American strong ale aged on Spanish cedar, 11% abv, holy hell this is good. Surprisingly, no hot alcmahol.

Went to a reopened restaurant that recently added 75 taps. I got Goose Island Nightwalker and disliked it. As we were about to leave the bartender knocked a tap in my direction. It was Hop Henge then I found out they had the Reunion 12 that Nuke had earlier there as well. Needless to say, I was pretty upset with my beer choice. I blame them because they didn't have a beer list yet :p Ah well, ill go back and make a better decision next time. I also can blame the SWMBO because I had a Perennial Saison De Lis which was awesome but she laid claim to it so I thought I'd get something different than her.

PhelanKA7 said:
That sounds really good. Is that like an Imperial BIPA?

It's like pouring an Imperial BIPA into a cigar box and drinking it. It's roasty, fruity and incredibly easy drinking for 11%. My guess is that the cedar is masking the boozy-ness.

allenH said:
It's like pouring an Imperial BIPA into a cigar box and drinking it. It's roasty, fruity and incredibly easy drinking for 11%. My guess is that the cedar is masking the boozy-ness.

That sounds pretty awesome!

Mikkeller/To Øl Walk On Water.

This is firkin amazing, 14% ABV hidden ridiculously well. Smells reminiscent of 1000IBU, blended with mjød. I wish I would have bought all of them, or had the money to blow.

I hope that was stored properly. The packed on data is 10-19. Firestone says you should drink their unfiltered beers within 120 days of the packaged date. And that's assuming it's been stored properly.

Temp controlled underground cellar, but that was on the kicked kegs

New Holland's Blue Sunday. I wish I could upload a photo of this that was worth a damn (USB b cable crapped out when I tried to plug the camera in), a beautiful beer in every way. Sour fruit, barnyard, and some mineral on the nose. Taste is a big punch of dry fruity sour, quickly cut by a light oakyness and acidity. Long, lingering sour finish that keeps you going back. Everything is in excellent balance, the only dominant character is sourness. Really solid beer, exactly what I was looking for after a few hoppy offerings.

since that crappy hop city beer i have had magic hat blind faith ipa and on yards IPA. blindfaith was awesome i have had a sixer on the cellar stairs for a few months it was just what i was looking for. yards isnt bad not great but a good way to end the night. Swarley88 im in central PA, Wegmans is the best beer selection place i got besides a small resturant that has a small but usually good selection. They never get Bells because the distributer they get there beer from doesnt get bells in stock, Wegmans has bells so just got to keep my eyes open. are they sold in sixers or bombers?

Back