Pumping from glass carboy to keg wiith March pump

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ricksox

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm sure this has been asked a thousand timex so I apologize. I just want to know how you guys are pumping your beer from your carboys into your kegs.

I have a March 809 pump and because the glass carboy doesn't have a valve I'm not sure how to situate my hosing to get a good prime. I'm using brewmagic frame and I have the pump mounted underneath the frame on the perforated shelf under the burners. As long as I pump from my keggles (from the valves) gravity takes over and pumping liquid from the HLT to the mash tine and then to the boil kettle is a cinch. I just need to know if there is a good way to transfer (Using the pump) from my carboy to my corny kegs. Any thoughts? I appreciate it and thank you in advance.

Rick

7203-edit.jpg

Cheers!

Just use a regular siphon to move the beer from the carboy. Using the March pump will oxidize (ruin) your beer.

If you have a carboy cap, you could use a CO2 push with a racking cane. Otherwise, just siphon it over.

Thanks for the responses guys. I certainly don't want to ruin the beer so I suppose I'll stick with the racking cane. I wasn't sure if there was a better faster way to move the beer. I have two carboy caps already so i can try the CO2 trick. Thanks again!

Rick

Back