football water coolers.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 108580

Reaction score
So I'm sittin here watching the Niner lions game (go niners!) And I notice on the sidelines these coolers that must be 15 - 20 gallons big. Are my eyes deceiving me? All ive been able to find are 10 gallon ones. If anybody knows how to find one of these post here. I want a round cooler that's bigger than 10 gallons but can't find one. Right now I use a 15 gallon polarware pot for mash tun.

Go Niners!

No idea, I have a 10gal but don't remember a larger round one being something I saw when I made it.

I'm pretty sure they're just 10 gallon ones. They might look bigger on tv, but tv always adds 20 pounds to everything. I've never seen larger ones available online, and only ever seen 10 gallon ones at the sporting events I've attended. If they do make larger ones, they probably have to be a special order product.

They might look bigger on tv, but tv always adds 20 pounds to everything.

hahaha awesome!

Yeah I think they're probably just 10 gallons. You'd think with how many "anybody know where I can get a 15 gallon water cooler" threads there are on this forum, somebody would step up and make them. They'd sell like hot cakes im sure!

My wife is an athletic trainer who's worked high school and university football. They all use the same 10 gallon round coolers for water and Gatorade. Fun fact: the Gatorade they use comes in powdered form in packets sized for 10 gallon batches, like giant Kool-aid packets. She used to bring them home from work and we'd mix up pitchers of it for the fridge. One packet would last for weeks.

My wife is an athletic trainer who's worked high school and university football. They all use the same 10 gallon round coolers for water and Gatorade. Fun fact: the Gatorade they use comes in powdered form in packets sized for 10 gallon batches, like giant Kool-aid packets. She used to bring them home from work and we'd mix up pitchers of it for the fridge. One packet would last for weeks.

That stuff is awesome! You can buy small containers at Target and they last forever for three bucks a pop or something like that.

On another note, I noticed that last night too. Weird huh? It seemed to me that they had some sort of hourglass shape to them which is what caught my eye. Maybe I saw it wrong but I remember thinking that and deciding something with that shape would be a horrible mashtun.

My mashtun is an igloo cube that holds 60 quarts (15 gallons). I use a cpvc manifold and it can make a pretty big beer.

I just did a winter warmer ale with 27.5 pounds of grain in there.

Now I just wish they made an 80 quart!

My mashtun is an igloo cube that holds 60 quarts (15 gallons). I use a cpvc manifold and it can make a pretty big beer.

I just did a winter warmer ale with 27.5 pounds of grain in there.

Now I just wish they made an 80 quart!

Huh. Never thought about using the Cube. I would like a larger cooler for HUGE beers, but I don't have the space for a rectangular cooler.

I do see that they make a 70 quart one... ;)

I use the cube as well. With the exception of the drain being in a very inconvenient spot it's awesome. Especially when you figure how stinking cheap it is.

I drilled a hole in the front of the cube for the spigot. I use a cpvc manifold and only leave about 16 ounces of liquid behind.

I believe the 70 quart cube just has a domed lid, the cooler is the same size I believe.

hahaha awesome!

Yeah I think they're probably just 10 gallons. You'd think with how many "anybody know where I can get a 15 gallon water cooler" threads there are on this forum, somebody would step up and make them. They'd sell like hot cakes im sure!

When I ran cross country in high school, I was usually the one who filled up the 10 gallon water cooler for the team van before meets. Granted, I am not the strongest guy in the world, but it was a lot of work getting a ten gallon cooler full of ice and water out to the van. I think from a practical perspective, a water cooler with a larger volume wouldn't make much sense, because it would be heavy as hell if it were filled with water. You could probably sell a few to homebrewers, but we probably don't account for a large enough portion of Rubbermaid, Igloo, or Coleman's sales to justify a larger size.

Back