Contest

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frankfurtvr4

Reaction score
Is it just me or did it cause a bit of "old member vs. new member?" Dude it was supposed to be fun, I think, and promote a new site. No need for people to start going all lord of the flies.

Looks like the thread got deleted that got me thinking that but there is still one rolling around that talks about people not having a high enough post count to be in the running. Silliness.

I've seen some of the posts that make up some people's post count. Trust me, they are not all worthy of a contest win...

good god, who cares.

the contest wasn't "contribute the most to my new forum"

the contest was "become a member of my new forum"

it baffles me that people complain so much about not winning prizes from a random drawing.

I saw what you were talking about and it was a bit unfortunate. I actually didn't wind up entering the contest, though. I don't have many posts because I am a newer brewer (only started in summer 2010) so I just don't feel that there's much I can contribute at this point in time. I add what I can, when I can but it usually isn't much. One of my New Year's resolutions, however, is to learn more, brew more, and contribute more to the brewing community :mug:

I didn't join, but I kinda figured the intent was to get the traffic levels up so that if someone were to search for something, then it would end up higher on search lists. So if that were the case, then I don't really think that content would matter at all, so who the F cares.

And if you are right, then it would be akin to saying that I should have won the lottery because I've been playing it longer. Which, of course, is ridiculous.

good god, who cares.

the contest wasn't "contribute the most to my new forum"

the contest was "become a member of my new forum"

it baffles me that people complain so much about not winning prizes from a random drawing.

That was my point. I didn't even enter because I saw the contest as a way to get me to join a site that I have no interest in.

And my previous comment was me poking fun at myself as much as anyone else. ;)

Back