How much are you paying....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ontarget

Reaction score
to have a 5lb bottle filled?
This is my first run at barrelling the brew and I just received my bottle. I am assuming (from my MIG experience) that it will run around $20, is this relatively close?

R/Cam

Ouside of that this might be the wrong section like Passload said... what are you talking about?

I'm sure he means a 5lb. CO2 tank. I had mine filled at a paintball place and it was 20bux. I think you may be able to get it as low as 10-15 if you find a welding or gas place.

Sorry folks, I thought I was in a different section (too much HB while typing I suppose). Thanx for pointing me back to the straight and narrow.
From the replies I gather it will be relativly painless at the counter.
Thanx for you help and insight. Hope everyone has a great week!!
R/Cam

I started out wit a 5lb then one day my local welding shop was out of 5lb so they upgraded me to a 10lb for free. Then about 6 months later when swaping my empty 10lb they seemed to be out of those too!. I now have a very new very shiny 20lb CO2 tank that I didn't pay a nickle for (besides the initial 5lb cost) and they fill it for me for under $20. What a sweeeeeeeet deal. Oh and BTW 20lb of CO2 will last 40 sankey kegs and I dont know how many corny's. In the two years I;ve had the new tank I've refilled once.

I have two 5 pounders. One blew empty this weekend and I filled it today at a place I haven't tried before. My usual place charged me $28 canadian and my new place just charged me $17 canadian. Guess I'l be sticking to my new place.

I found a spot, $20. I don't mind paying that, but if I can find it cheaper I'd rather save some $$$$.
Thanx for good gouge.

Back