My Year in Beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
November 28, 2012 - Home post toil - HB Say It Loud IPA

image-1918909791.jpg

Its almost bee the full year! What are you going to do with yourself after?

P.S. I noticed your tree up there. I refuse to let my wife put ours up until the month at least begins wit the letter "D".

Its almost bee the full year! What are you going to do with yourself after?

P.S. I noticed your tree up there. I refuse to let my wife put ours up until the month at least begins wit the letter "D".

Hard to believe - this year has flown by. Status quo for my 46th year - only the evidence will be missing (I'm a creature of habit).

Yeah, I'm with you on the tree. Seems to come earlier and earlier each year. Might as well leave it up year-round and just swap out light bulbs (White for Xmas, Red for Valentine's Day, Green for St. Patrick's Day...).

mjdonnelly68 said:
Might as well leave it up year-round and just swap out light bulbs (White for Xmas, Red for Valentine's Day, Green for St. Patrick's Day...).

HA!!! We actually do that. We strip the tree down and put up Mardi gras lights and decorations.

It was very nice. A little sweet for my taste but definitely warming (takes the edge of brewing in the garage in winter).

There is a solution for you if the regular Hot Scotchie is too sweet - wait to drain the wort into your cup until after the first hop addition! Done it, and it wasn't near as repulsive as I thought it might be. I did prefer the non-hopped version though.

I have a friend who's dying to try it with rum, but in my opinion, sweet + more sweet just won't cut if for me. The Scotch provides the balance, and that's why it's one of the bestest things on the planet in my opinion! :mug:

There is a solution for you if the regular Hot Scotchie is too sweet - wait to drain the wort into your cup until after the first hop addition! Done it, and it wasn't near as repulsive as I thought it might be. I did prefer the non-hopped version though.

I have a friend who's dying to try it with rum, but in my opinion, sweet + more sweet just won't cut if for me. The Scotch provides the balance, and that's why it's one of the bestest things on the planet in my opinion! :mug:

Great idea, I'l have to try it after the hops - that sounds really interesting.

December 8, 2012 - Albany Brew Crafters Holiday Party - Winter Ale, Sam Adams

Tried one of those Winter Lagers at a get-together a month or so ago. It was like cough syrup made from concentrated elf **** after they were fed nothing but pure Christmas extract intravenously for 55 weeks of the year starting the previous holiday season.

Nasty.

Tried one of those Winter Lagers at a get-together a month or so ago. It was like cough syrup made from concentrated elf **** after they were fed nothing but pure Christmas extract intravenously for 55 weeks of the year starting the previous holiday season.

Nasty.

Ha - Well that sounds unpleasant!

I must have grabbed one from a constipated elf - it wasn't half bad.

December 13, 2012 - Annual Xmas Shopping Gauntlet - City Beer Hall, Wolff's Biergarten & The Olde English - Beers, Many and Varied and My Wife in a Giant Wooden Shoe

image-43853630.jpg

image-1108235322.jpg

image-1690101384.jpg

image-2875700593.jpg

mjdonnelly68 said:
December 13, 2012 - Annual Xmas Shopping Gauntlet - City Beer Hall, Wolff's Biergarten & The Olde English - Beers, Many and Varied and My Wife in a Giant Wooden Shoe

Nice! If you need to run errands, you may as well make it an adventure. Right?

Back