What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm pretty sure that's the one I'm drinking, although I thought the only reference to whiskey the Brewer made was because of the peated malt... nevertheless, I'm pretty excited to be able to bring home a sixer of locally brewed Munich helles or dunkel when they build their brewery. If only they'd brew a schwarzbier I'd be in heaven.

Andrewtherooster said:
I am not drinking because of how much I drank last night. It all just tasted so good.

+1 although it was mostly spirits (pub golf!). Drank an awful lot but feel reasonable today, few days off for me I think.

Lagunitas IPA at the bar watching the Broncos beat the Chiefs !! They are making me drink out of a 49ers glass! WTF

ForumRunner_20111113_125848.jpg

A growler of Wooden Nickel Scottish Peated Lager. It's from a little brewpub in Mcgregor, IA. They're building a brewery in Coralville that'll make them the largest brewer in ia. This particular beer has Scottish malts coupled with German lager yeast and hops. It's quite tasty, and the rest of their beers are very good too (i really like their Munich Helles). I gotta hand it to them, a small brewpub that brews mainly German Lagers.

Tried the jackknife on tap,it was great.When is the Coralville brewpub finishing?

Drinking a Northern Brown that I brewed like 16 days ago. It's malty and delicious..

Maris Otter, oats, C40, and a pinch each of chocolate malt and roasted barley.

I'm drinking the last brew from a batch I did earlier this summer and lagered for 4 months. I bottled the last 4 bottles a while back and sent two into a comp in Toronto that was
tasted/judged on Saturday.
It's a Premium American Lager, and to me it is a perfect representation of the style. It should score well.
I have an APA to try next.
What is that McDonalds slogan... I'm loving it.

jonmohno said:
Tried the jackknife on tap,it was great.When is the Coralville brewpub finishing?

I don't think they've broke ground yet, and I don't think it's gonna be a brew pub, more of a commercial brewery. So short answer, I dunno.

Longhammer IPA. Pretty much just a bitter-er pale ale..... it was on sale /*shrug*

First time having this... found it the other day, and needed to see if it lived up to all the hype. It is good, but....

d16a6906.jpg

Wild onion- Paddy pale ale. can. No regrets having a six pack of it to randomly drink.Never had a pale ale like it. I also made a kick ass pumpkin pie today,turned out better than i doubted. Pumpkin pie and beer for supper tonight. Ha

Had an Elliot Ness with dinner. Excelent beer, but way too drinkable for 6.2% ABV. You could get it trouble in no time at all.

Ska brewing,Euphoria pale ale-Probably the best pale ale ive ever tried.Body and creamyness and balanced flavor are unbelievable.Best out of the others i tried blonde,ipa,esb.Freshness may be a hunch. I may be onto that/seasonaly..Outstanding pale ale.

6 oz. FG sample of my new Russian Imperial Stout. Flat and warm, right out of the bottling bucket. 98 IBU, 9.8% ABV 2 oz. Cascade dry hop. Tastes great already. Bitter coffee with chocolate, nice hop nose, pungent! Also, clearest brew I have made to date, even before bottle conditioning. Looking forward to the real thing. First tastes: Thanksgiving eve. Well, OK, not first tastes, I cheated. ;-)

Lagunita's little sumpin' sumpin'. Another consistantly great beer from them.Reminds me of gumballhead a bit but more spicier/hoppier and stronger.

Clownshoes is one of my new favorites. Try Hoppy Feet, even better!! Thisgoes, you're near Maine, ever have any of the beers from Maine Brewing Co? Now that is some fine beer.

A Summitt Black IPA from their Unchained series. Not normally a Summitt fan but this is very good!!

A Summitt Black IPA from their Unchained series. Not normally a Summitt fan but this is very good!!

Their unchained is pretty good im a big fan of the 05 they have they also have a pumpkin porter but is released in an odd spring time or something been wanting to try it,never tried a pumpkin porter. I think the 25 anniversory is pretty nice also.

My first attempt at Edwort's Apfelwine. Holy Batsh*t is it really tasty, and I have a feeling it's a very deceptive 11.7%

Back