Vodka In my belgian dubbel

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bf514921

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
so i use vodka in m to my airlocks just incase anything is sneakey and tries to get in there. well this time the vodka itself was sneaky. i put the dubble in temp controled freezer to cold crash it some before i keg it, pressure drop sucked some of the vodka into the dubble. wondering if i should be worried, i have been waiding for this dubbel and it would kill me if i ruined it with some vodka.

Your dubbel will be fine, there shouldn't be more than 1.5 oz of vodka in the airlock, and that small of an amount going into even a 1 gallon batch won't be noticeable. And assuming your doing a 5 gallon batch I wouldn't give it a second thought.

Sent from my Samsung Epic 4G using Home Brew Talk

so i use vodka in m to my airlocks just incase anything is sneakey and tries to get in there. well this time the vodka itself was sneaky. i put the dubble in temp controled freezer to cold crash it some before i keg it, pressure drop sucked some of the vodka into the dubble. wondering if i should be worried, i have been waiding for this dubbel and it would kill me if i ruined it with some vodka.

As opposed to ruining it with some sanitizer? ;)

The beer will be fine, you won't know the suckage is even in there...

Cheers!

Back