GOOD on Netflix STREAMING?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The THING is effing fantastic. Dry, serious, humorless, bleak, absolutely horrifyingly freakish.

Don't be afraid of the dark was really well done too.

The Skeleton Key was suprisingly well made.

Exit Humanity is a fascinating look at a zombie outbreak in early america.

The Shrine was thoroughly suprising and enjoyable.

LO was pure low budget awesomeness.

I figured out what happened with the IMDB thing. People were seeing this list: http://www.imdb.com/list/rRiA-iq8Woo/ and thinking it meant that was IMDB's overall top 100 and they were offering it for free. That's just the top rated 100 of the movies that are available.

That list is out-of-date, but it turns out there is an actual list of the highest-rated (on IMDB) films that are currently available on Amazon Prime, which is apparently kept up-to-date all the time:

Top-Rated films on Amazon Prime streaming

Personally, I think The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly ought to be rated higher than Pulp Fiction, although they are both excellent films.

I agree totally with The Thing...it is one of my favorite films. Very, very well done. I also recommend (if you can find it--it's been on and off various instant streaming services) the prequel to that film, also called The Thing. It is totally worth one's time to watch the prequel, and then immediately follow that with the John Carpenter film back-to-back. The director of the prequel did an absolutely fantastic job of duplicating the sets and getting all the little details right to make it match up perfectly with the original as if it were a continuation of the same story.

Just letting you guys know I have a running check list of all the movies I haven't seen that are mentioned, I'm slowly checking away :D and CD3 which Thing 1989 or Mary Elizabeth Winstead? Cause I gotta thing for average looking brunettes.;)

Just letting you guys know I have a running check list of all the movies I haven't seen that are mentioned, I'm slowly checking away :D and CD3 which Thing 1989 or Mary Elizabeth Winstead? Cause I gotta thing for average looking brunettes.;)

Well, I guess Kurt Russell is an above average looking brunette.....;)

The 2011 film with Mary Elizabeth Winstead is the prequel to the 1989 film. The 1989 one is kind of a seminal film. If you have already seen the 1989 one, then I highly suggest watching the prequel first, then immediately start playing the 1989 one right afterwards. If you haven't seen either one, watch the 1989 one first or else the prequel will kind of spoil some good bits in the earlier film.

The 2011 film with Mary Elizabeth Winstead is the prequel to the 1989 film. The 1989 one is kind of a seminal film. If you have already seen the 1989 one, then I highly suggest watching the prequel first, then immediately start playing the 1989 one right afterwards. If you haven't seen either one, watch the 1989 one first or else the prequel will kind of spoil some good bits in the earlier film.

thanks for the headache

The THING is pure awesomeness. No HUMOR. No nonsense, no BS.

For what sounds like such a dry movie, it is an R2D2 damned FREAKSHOW. Good God. I saw bits of it on the AMC top 100 horror movies of all time and I was blown away. Had to see it.

I was not disapointed.

There we were minding our own business, just doing chores around the house, when these college kids started killing themselves all over my property

Iron Sky is FANTASTIC. Funny, witty, awesome transformation from an antiquated school marm to an effing HOT mama;)

Blood Creek is awesome.

Both of these are a seriously scary different look at Nazis and their curiosity.

Watched Iron Sky this weekend. Freaking hilarious. good Reccomendation Cheezy.

Thank you for this high quality analysis.

ALERT**

We are still missing critical information on your file and your application for an IN Depth Analysis will be rejected if we do not recieve the following information by 4:30 pm EST today**

Documents we still require:

Guilty Pleasures
Sexual orientation
Favorite color
Preferred interface
DOB
Social Security Number
Checking account and Routing number
Blood Sample
Stool Sample

If we recieve these items by 4:30pm est, a highly life like "avatar" of you will be created and we will begin observing it watch movies immediately.

Your 437 page indepth analysis of the 2 streaming options will be available by August first 2034.

Thank you for your interest. If you feel that you have recieved this in error, or if you are NOT in fact a mighty version of an 80's video game system then please discard this message and go vigorously fornicate with yourself.

*This is a system generated message please do not respond....scratch that. Feel free to respond so that we may have a good laugh;)*

All,

I'd like to get rid of my satellite TV bill. I currently have Netflix and Amazon Prime which I can access through my PS3 and Bluray player. Is there another sort of player that will allow apps or website access to the networks like NBC, ABC, CBS, so I can get some of the brand new content? I hear people rave about their Roku players, but is that basically just a means to watch Netflix, Hulu, etc. without the big pricetag of a bluray or gaming station? And Slingbox, is that just a way to watch what you're already paying for remotely? I know I can get the networks via OTA with an antenna, but does anyone know if there's a way to access the video on the network websites from one of these set-top boxes?

I know this is primarily the Netflix thread, but I know a lot of you use other services as well.

Thanks,

All,

I'd like to get rid of my satellite TV bill. I currently have Netflix and Amazon Prime which I can access through my PS3 and Bluray player. Is there another sort of player that will allow apps or website access to the networks like NBC, ABC, CBS, so I can get some of the brand new content? I hear people rave about their Roku players, but is that basically just a means to watch Netflix, Hulu, etc. without the big pricetag of a bluray or gaming station? And Slingbox, is that just a way to watch what you're already paying for remotely? I know I can get the networks via OTA with an antenna, but does anyone know if there's a way to access the video on the network websites from one of these set-top boxes?

I know this is primarily the Netflix thread, but I know a lot of you use other services as well.

Thanks,

Roku has MUCH more than Netflix and Amazon.

College Sports is the only serious gap I see in Roku's coverage.

Too bad since college football is about the best thing this world has to offer...

Yeah something tells me it isn't because roku isn't trying. It is probably the same greedy dip sh!ts keeping the BCS BS alive.

U of L is poised to shock everyone again this season, I won't miss it!

Is there another sort of player that will allow apps or website access to the networks like NBC, ABC, CBS, so I can get some of the brand new content?

ist2_1238611_rabbit_ears.jpg

cheezydemon3 said:
Yeah something tells me it isn't because roku isn't trying. It is probably the same greedy dip sh!ts keeping the BCS BS alive.

U of L is poised to shock everyone again this season, I won't miss it!

I've always enjoyed the Cards on the gridiron. Excellent unis too

On a more serious note... I'm setting up a HTPC so I'll be able to stream anything they offer on the web from any of the network sites. Now if I could only get my ball games. That's the one thing I miss. I can pull in most of my NFL games off air with an antenna, but baseball is all cable network around here. There's ways to get around things to watch them online, but they always suck.

On a more serious note... I'm setting up a HTPC so I'll be able to stream anything they offer on the web from any of the network sites. Now if I could only get my ball games. That's the one thing I miss. I can pull in most of my NFL games off air with an antenna, but baseball is all cable network around here. There's ways to get around things to watch them online, but they always suck.

What's an HTPC? Do you have a link that can help set one up?

What's an HTPC? Do you have a link that can help set one up?

Home Theater PC. Basically a computer in a small case that you connect to your TV. I'm building it from scratch. Should come out to about $375 and have enough oomph to do some decent gaming on the big screen as well. Gonna have all the game emulators on it too.

It'll also get around something that really annoys me about Hulu. I'm paying for Hulu Plus so I can watch it on my TV, but a good portion of the shows on there aren't available on the TV, only through the web. So I"m paying more to get less.

This is basically what I'm doing: http://lifehacker.com/5936546/how-i-built-the-media-center-of-my-dreams-for-under-500

Though that article is about a year old so I was able to do it a little cheaper with better components.

The author says "impossible" but Netflix and BlueRay will play on a Linux box. In any case the HTPC sounds cool, I've just been using a modded Wii using 'homebrew' software (not beer) :mug: BTW you can sync wiimotes to a PC if it has bluetooth.

The author says "impossible" but Netflix and BlueRay will play on a Linux box. In any case the HTPC sounds cool, I've just been using a modded Wii using 'homebrew' software (not beer) :mug: BTW you can sync wiimotes to a PC if it has bluetooth.

The Wii is so underrated and misunderstood.

That pointer makes the Netflix and Amazon interfaces on the wii unparalelled.

Wiimotes on a touchscreen would have far more usefulness (I am guessing) than on a regular PC, right?

cheezydemon3 said:
The Wii is so underrated and misunderstood.

That pointer makes the Netflix and Amazon interfaces on the wii unparalelled.

Wiimotes on a touchscreen would have far more usefulness (I am guessing) than on a regular PC, right?

Bullsheet. Xbox kinect trumps wii pointer any day.

Just watched Reggie Watts: Why $#!+ So Crazy

Good stuff, especially with a nice buzz. Very abstract music and humor along the lines of the Comedy Bang Bang TV series.

Anybody tried Netflix max yet I confused the crap out of that thing last night it could not pick a movie for ****e.

+1. I'll stay with wiimote. Sounds like the Kinect in my house would give a whole new meaning to "fighting over the remote"
?

Playing games with friends using voice control is great, see them entering a room full of zombies and tell the Kinect to switch to flashlight instead of the AR. Enjoy.

another vote for wiimote but I primarily use my wii to watch netflix. I don't, nor do my friends, have enough time to play video games.

another vote for wiimote but I primarily use my wii to watch netflix. I don't, nor do my friends, have enough time to play video games.

Sorry? If you have time to watch Netflix you have time to play video games, but looking down your nose at everything I can see how you wouldn't see that...

But hey you are clearly better than and more successful than me...

Back