Kegconnection.com - Black Friday AD!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I talked to Todd. He is taking care of everyone. Don't worry about the auto-response, he will contact you.

thanks mike, couldn't pass up the great sale price and no shipping cost. Did a Guinness Foreign Export over the weekend, that should go really well with the new creamer perlick I am getting.

Just my two bits but I believe Keg Connections has some major customer service issues. I ordered one keg at $19.95 knew there was a limit due to the short item description. I also ordered four kegs at $29.95. Read later here there was limit also on the $29.95 kegs. OK so I play nice called Friday morning and was told person I needed talk to was not in. I called again about 12:30 and was told someone would call me back between 2pm and 4 pm. I also informed the I would like to order some additional items and was told no problem the wold make a note for the person that would call me. I received no call or message. Checked my e-mail today and was notified the I had received credit for three of the kegs that I ordered. What happened to the phone call I was expecting? Yes I have voice mail and no messages. This does not seem like very good customer service to me.

BeerforBob said:
Just my two bits but I believe Keg Connections has some major customer service issues. I ordered one keg at $19.95 knew there was a limit due to the short item description. I also ordered four kegs at $29.95. Read later here there was limit also on the $29.95 kegs. OK so I play nice called Friday morning and was told person I needed talk to was not in. I called again about 12:30 and was told someone would call me back between 2pm and 4 pm. I also informed the I would like to order some additional items and was told no problem the wold make a note for the person that would call me. I received no call or message. Checked my e-mail today and was notified the I had received credit for three of the kegs that I ordered. What happened to the phone call I was expecting? Yes I have voice mail and no messages. This does not seem like very good customer service to me.

I apologize for your experience. I don't know who dropped the ball but when I get to the office tomorrow I'll make sure you get taken care of. Please PM me your contact info.

cheers,

joshua

I apologize for your experience. I don't know who dropped the ball but when I get to the office tomorrow I'll make sure you get taken care of. Please PM me your contact info.

cheers,

joshua

Hello Joshua, I ordered Thursday nite in the 1st 10-15 minutes of your HBTBF sale, got a conformation e-mail from you guys and a payment receipt from pay Pal right after I purchased , but never got any other e-mails/and/or phone calls about shipping or any other form of communication from Keg Connection regarding my order? I have ordered from you before and I usually got tracking info the next day. I understand with all the confusion about the sale that had alot of glitches with your website and shopping cart and know its taking sometime to sort out. Soo I'm assuming that by now, ( if you were sorting things out from 1st - Last purchase), I should be near the front?

Do you think that I may hear something from Keg Connection tomorrow (Monday)? Or do you feel it's My responsibility to contact you to find out whats going on with my order and when it will ship?

Yep lots of benefits which is why I'm making the move. Been bottling for about 20 years.

Have a semisweet melomel I am making that I want carbonated, so the only way to do that reliably is forced carb. Need kegs to do that

Beer is just easier and I will likely continue to "cask condition" with the kegs but still bottle some for sharing, etc.

I like the carbonated water thing too, What pressure do you use?

For the carbonated water, use a higher psi, like 30 psi or so. To serve, you need a much longer line and/or use 3/16" id beverage line (instead of 1/4" id) or use a gadget like the one discussed here: https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f35/cure-your-short-hose-troubles-100151/

Hello Joshua, I ordered Thursday nite in the 1st 10-15 minutes of your HBTBF sale, got a conformation e-mail from you guys and a payment receipt from pay Pal right after I purchased , but never got any other e-mails/and/or phone calls about shipping or any other form of communication from Keg Connection regarding my order? I have ordered from you before and I usually got tracking info the next day. I understand with all the confusion about the sale that had alot of glitches with your website and shopping cart and know its taking sometime to sort out. Soo I'm assuming that by now, ( if you were sorting things out from 1st - Last purchase), I should be near the front?

Do you think that I may hear something from Keg Connection tomorrow (Monday)? Or do you feel it's My responsibility to contact you to find out whats going on with my order and when it will ship?

I don't think they're open on the weekends. I've never gotten confirmation on a thur/fri order till next mon or tuesday.

I think so. I called today and talked to Todd, who offered to remove the kit from my order. When I explained that I ordered a number of things (that I don't really need) to take advantage of the sale and free shipping and that I would need to cancel the entire order, he offered to give me a $12 credit to my credit card (the difference in price) which I readily accepted. So, he said he will send me an email (haven't gotten it yet) and the credit would be processed sometime next week.

Hope this helps.

I just wanted to update folks that I did receive an email from Todd on the 25th as he promised.

I can sympathize with the folks at KegConnection. I think it's tough for any small business to handle large spikes in orders when some sort of event like this occurs. It's not like they have a giant support staff to handle customer calls and emails, and I appreciate Todd's getting back to me.

In the end, we as consumers hold businesses accountable, and for sure I let people know whether I did or did not receive a fair shake. But we also need to be reasonable and understand that your email or call might just be one of many, many that they are juggling and working on at the same time.

Esmitee said:

Tracking info hasnt been sent out yet because UPS hasnt been open since our sale started (closed since thanksgiving day). If you don't receive tracking info by tomorrow evening, you can call in for that on Tuesday.

cheers,

joshua

I don't think they're open on the weekends. I've never gotten confirmation on a thur/fri order till next mon or tuesday.

Well then , Thevenganbrwer, if you were following along since the beginning of this thread, you would see that Joshua was answering the posts. till last nite. i understand that they are closed today, and can't blame them abit!

But tomorrow morning.........I should be the 1st they see....LOL

Maybe they will contact me?

copyright1997 said:
But we also need to be reasonable and understand that your email or call might just be one of many, many that they are juggling and working on at the same time.
Very true, I called on Saturday to order a kit as I wanted to make some changes to what was in the kits on the site. At the time they had a lot going on so they said they would call back. I didn't get a call back so I just pieced together what I wanted using three different vendors, including Keg Connection.

Hey guys,

so i called, and emailed and placed a custom order but have yet to hear back yet....should i be worried?

thanks!

My order has been on hold (by me) since it was placed because I knew I wanted to make changes to the base kit. Yesterday I was told the base BF kits could not be changed by Todd, so I sent email to Todd and Nanette today asking to make major changes to my order to add a bunch of secondary stuff, but drop the base kit and extra pin lock keg that I no longer need as I found a smoking ball lock kegerator deal locally that negates the need for the base kit altogether, leaving me with just a racetrack corny, but I wanted to order a bunch of other stuff. Unfortunately Todd went home sick today and they are still slammed from the sounds of things. Hope to hear back tomorrow (and still get the BF/CM pricing and free shipping).

Via this site I realized I ordered more than the one keg limit. On Friday morning I called and I wasn't able to get a salesperson, but the woman that answers the phone spoke with me. I made an "A" wishlist and "B" wishlist and I said if they can hit anything close to this goal- both lists costing close to my original order- I would be fine with that. I said I wouldn't need a call or e-mail if a 'close to wish list' was hit. "Just send me a good deal."

I got my tracking number today at 2:28. Whatever I get, I know I'll be happy with it because it was a great deal and these guys are obviously trying to make us all happy.

I work in retail and it's clear to me KegConnection is working hard for it's customers. I value customer service and I plan to plug KegConnection to all my friends.

Thanks Josh.

I am in the same boat as the person above me though I added a couple of other items to my order, I look forward to getting my items

My two bits again. Todd contacted me yesterday via the phone and found out what I wanted to add to my order. He agreed to e-mail me the cost for the changes I wanted. (He sounded like he was fighting a loosing battle with a cold.) I got a late e-mail from him yesterday that he had gotten really sick after we talked and had be unable to process my invoice. E-mailed him no problem get better and do my changes when he was better. Got the following from him this afternoon.

"Here is your invoice. I left you a message as well on your phone. I changed the disconnects and swivel nuts to a single part number we have to save you even more than the 10% the other way. We don't have this on our website, but we will add it soon."

So from my earlier comment where I was wondering about the customer service. I can state the service is excellent. They are in the middle of moving between one warehouse to another. They've worked over the week end processing the orders even though they are closed on week ends. And to top it off Todd working while he's sick and should be home in bed. So I can understand why things were not operating quite like I expected. But give them time to catch up and I believe you will be happy with the results.

From a happy customer.

Via this site I realized I ordered more than the one keg limit. On Friday morning I called and I wasn't able to get a salesperson, but the woman that answers the phone spoke with me. I made an "A" wishlist and "B" wishlist and I said if they can hit anything close to this goal- both lists costing close to my original order- I would be fine with that. I said I wouldn't need a call or e-mail if a 'close to wish list' was hit. "Just send me a good deal."

I got my tracking number today at 2:28. Whatever I get, I know I'll be happy with it because it was a great deal and these guys are obviously trying to make us all happy.

I work in retail and it's clear to me KegConnection is working hard for it's customers. I value customer service and I plan to plug KegConnection to all my friends.

Thanks Josh.

i, personally, didn't hear about that (but i'm not in Comanche at the warehouse anymore...*cough*thank God*cough*) so please let me know if we came through for you. i'm confident they sent you what you were asking for, but just in case, please let me know either in this thread or by PM.

thanks for your kind words, we really do try our best to provide A+ customer service.

cheers,

joshua

Wow it's Wednesday now and Absolutely no contact from you guys about my order?

it seems to me that orders that were placed well after mine are taken care of already.

Logically to me, the orders would have been processed from 1st to last, and I ordered in the 1st 10 minutes of your sale, And Instantly my credit card was charged for payment of the order with confirmation from both KC and Pay Pal.

Maybe today I'll get a tracking number OR some kind of contact???

it seems to me that orders that were placed well after mine are taken care of already.

Logically to me, the orders would have been processed from 1st to last, and I ordered in the 1st 10 minutes of your sale, And Instantly my credit card was charged for payment of the order with confirmation from both KC and Pay Pal.

I ordered early on also, and haven't received any shipping info, etc. I'll give them a ring today.

Esmitee said:

Maybe try calling them. So far, they've been taking care of everybody that's had an ussue. Although you are following the usual protocol of slathering your horror story first, then backtracking and being totally satisfied when you actuallt talk to someone.

Did you read this thread and see how much confusion there was and how they worked,through a holiday weekend, through normally closed days, and the owner of the company being sick, but still satisfying customers? Or you just went right to the end and fired away. True, youre the customer, and you're always right, and you should be satisfied, but comon. Cant you be happy that you even got in on the sale and saved yourself some money? Some of you guys make me wish these vendors wouldn't even run these sales anymore.

I ordered within the 1st 30 mins or so, but knew I needed to make changes. Lots of emails to them and finally go everything worked out with Todd yesterday. Delay was on my part, not theirs.

Well I'd just like to say how awesome my experience has been! Ordered in the first 10-15 min, I didn't find anything confusing, ordered one of each of the racetrack ball locks, and some other stuff. My stuff shipped on monday and will be on my doorstep tomorrow. It would seem most of the unhappy customers either ordered multiple one item per customer items or have something they want to change. I for one have been quite impressed with both their customer support and service. Considering the holiday weekend I wasn't expecting my stuff until much later...these guys aren't walmart they are a small business.

Thanks keg connection :)

Maybe try calling them. So far, they've been taking care of everybody that's had an ussue. Although you are following the usual protocol of slathering your horror story first, then backtracking and being totally satisfied when you actuallt talk to someone.

Did you read this thread and see how much confusion there was and how they worked,through a holiday weekend, through normally closed days, and the owner of the company being sick, but still satisfying customers? Or you just went right to the end and fired away. True, you're the customer, and you're always right, and you should be satisfied, but comon. Cant you be happy that you even got in on the sale and saved yourself some money? Some of you guys make me wish these vendors wouldn't even run these sales anymore.

Hey Mikey, I read the thread, Apparently you didn't, cause you would have already known that I did. You would have seen my posts. I didn't "just went right to the end".

"So far, they've been taking care of everybody that's had an ussue."

Yes Thats what I have too???? It seems to me, that everyone that's a happy camper, Has already either got tracking information or been contacted via e-mail or phone. Makes sense to me, I'd be happy too, Right?

Just for your Information,
I'm self employed and work 6 days a week, EVERY week. When I get home, I have to do paperwork and make phone calls to my Customers. I have to work if I'm sick too. It's part of a business. People in business are in business to make money. Thats why I do what I do.

Yes Mikey, I would be happy if I knew what I was getting, AND when I was getting it, Wouldn't YOU Mikey?

Thank you for your OPINION, Don't really need it :mug:

The only issue I've got is with UPS. They said my order was out for delivery at 6:43 this morning and it is not here yet. Everything on Kegconnection's end went smooth and quick. Thanks for the deals guys.

Hey Mikey, I read the thread, Apparently you didn't, cause you would have already known that I did. You would have seen my posts. I didn't "just went right to the end".

"So far, they've been taking care of everybody that's had an ussue."

Yes Thats what I have too???? It seems to me, that everyone that's a happy camper, Has already either got tracking information or been contacted via e-mail or phone. Makes sense to me, I'd be happy too, Right?

Just for your Information,
I'm self employed and work 6 days a week, EVERY week. When I get home, I have to do paperwork and make phone calls to my Customers. I have to work if I'm sick too. It's part of a business. People in business are in business to make money. Thats why I do what I do.

Yes Mikey, I would be happy if I knew what I was getting, AND when I was getting it, Wouldn't YOU Mikey?

Thank you for your OPINION, Don't really need it :mug:

Josh told you on the 27th, after your first post about your issue:

Tracking info hasnt been sent out yet because UPS hasnt been open since our sale started (closed since thanksgiving day). If you don't receive tracking info by tomorrow evening, you can call in for that on Tuesday.

cheers,

joshua

Did you take his advice? Did you call on Tuesday? Did you email them? Did you try at all to make contact about your order? I know if it was me, and I wasn't getting answers, I'd pick up the phone and call and find out WTF was going on, especially IF THEY TOLD ME TO. It probably would have taken less effort to pick up and dial the phone than it did to get on the computer and type out your big rant.

Thank you for letting us all know your employment status. We're all proud that you're a real go getter. As someone that's so pro active in their career, you should be a little more pro active in your online ordering as well. That's not my opinion, that's just common sense.

millworkman said:
The only issue I've got is with UPS. They said my order was out for delivery at 6:43 this morning and it is not here yet. Everything on Kegconnection's end went smooth and quick. Thanks for the deals guys.

Dude it is the Christmas season. They deliver until 9pm or later sometimes.

Got my order in today. Everything I wanted. Now I'm ready to start
Kegging. It only took three business days
Thanks!!!!

Back