Hop growers poll

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Are you obsessed?

• Yep, sure do.

• No, I have a life.

• Bacon!

Results are only viewable after voting.

Gridlocked

Reaction score
Do you go to your hop garden once a day, or at least once every other day to check to see how much your plants have grown or train your vines?

Considering my garden houses a ton more than the hops, I do go out there every day. Once they are trained and growing, I don't check the hops everyday aside from watering requirements. After the 2nd year or so I was less obsessed with checking them out daily.

I've been checking it every other day or so. I voted Bacon. I always go with bacon when it's a choice.

well yeah how could u not choose bacon. Im out there every day but there is more 2 it than my hops they surround my beergarden(good excuse huh)

Sure, but that doesn't make you obsessed. I check mine because I have them growing horizontally on the composite railings on my deck. I have to keep moving the twist ties I have training them.

this is my first year growing hops and i check them everyday. 3 centennials and they are growing like crazy.

Well, my hop garden is over my in-law's farm. So I am only able to go check on my crop about once a week right now. Twice if I'm lucky. The good part is that theres actually been growth each time I check on them:)

my hop garden is about 1 1/2 steps from the driveway... so i see it every day.. im kinda using it as a privacy shield while benefiting the hops

Im so eagar to see if and when they sprout then ill go drink some beer in celebration for the birth o my hops.! Welcome to this world hops!nYes that is the sun up there , yess. i will boil you in my next beer .

LOL on above.

I have four plants on the side of the house and 17 in the backyard. writing that makes me think, damn I am crazy. Where I was going is, I can't help but see them. LOL. I love my plants. I love gardening more than brewing. Brewing is ok, don't get me wrong, but I love growing.

I usually do a walk through the yard, enjoy being outside, touch my plants, just love being outside. I love it.

Ha ha, and whats even funnier is that you never knew you could have such of a love or bond with your future brew now your making hop babies and conceiving your brew with your babies next you want to drink that hop baby necter that you created from your place in the world with the dirt and stuff. ha

I check on them every few days. It's been a love hate since I planted them a few years ago due to the lack of production. Hoping for better results this year since I put in new beds of potting soil for the rhyzomes.

I'm currently stuck in NYC for work and my plants are up in Mass.. So I get to check them every other weekend, but luckily my brother checks them for me every couple days, he also drinks my beer for me, which I'm not so happy about.

As my centennial and cascade plants are in the backyard, it is very hard not to go and check up on the "babies". Love to go out and see the new progress.

was my vote cause ive been eating it more than ive been drinking hops lately, by weight

I do all my hop gardening in the morning before I go to work. Gets my head in the right place to cope with operating in the bureaucracy.

Back