brewing tonight, maybe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

teachtim

Reaction score
I thought I was ready to brew tonight but realized I am .5 oz short of simcoe hops for the boil. I have all the other hops called for in the recipe, which is 1.25oz of warrior, 1 oz of amarillo, .5 oz of simcoe. My yeast starter is ready to go. Should I boil tonight and omit the .5oz of simcoe or should I put the yeast in the fridge and buy a the extra .5oz on Friday(first day the HBS will be open)?

I thought I was ready to brew tonight but realized I am .5 oz short of simcoe hops for the boil. I have all the other hops called for in the recipe, which is 1.25oz of warrior, 1 oz of amarillo, .5 oz of simcoe. My yeast starter is ready to go. Should I boil tonight and omit the .5oz of simcoe or should I put the yeast in the fridge and buy a the extra .5oz on Friday(first day the HBS will be open)?

Download a free trial of Beersmith, plug it in, and see what you can do to adjust times to get the same IBU.

What if you have MAC like I do? I don't see a mac version of beersmith.

Originally Posted by SKMO
"pick up a computer as well."
I'm a Mac with little brewing software available. And I'm a PC with lots of nice Brewing software. Ha that's one for the side of PC.:mug:

This Friday, when you are out getting a half ounce of Simcoe, pick up a computer as well.

Sorry, couldn't help myself.

I'll add to the fire...

Pick up a REAL computer, that has multiple OS options, that you can actually WORK on/with... With any other computer manufacturer, you can install the OS you want (except for the mac OS of course) without any issue/troubles (if you have any skills at all)... So, you could install the Linux flavor you like, or go with the Windows release you prefer... With apple, you get a new mac, and you have NO choice but to get the new/latest OS on it... Even if none of the software you NEED to run will work on it (yet if ever)...

Oh, and if you're really so inclined, you can get additional software (for the PC/x86 platform) that lets you run almost any other OS out there YOU want... From all the way back to DOS, to the latest releases... Plus, you'll get solid performance from that system...

The IT demon in me had to come out for this thread...

Back