Howdy from Charleston WV

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Monet138

Reaction score
Howdy everyone!

I brewed 6-7 batches several years ago and loved it (both the process & the product). Unfortunately I had to move and the apartment I moved to didn't have the extra space to keep my brewing equipment with me. Now I finally have my own house and plenty of space, so I've pulled all the equipment out of storage and have begun preparations to restart this glorious hobby.

Currently doing research for two immanent purchase, an outdoor burner and a kettle, as an electric stove just doesn't cut it and my old brew pot was borrowed (rather permanently it seems) by family members when everything went into storage. I still have the MiniBrew 15 Gallon fermenter that I started with though. It works great for 10 gallon batches but for a 5 gallon batch size the wort doesn't fill it up enough to reach the thermometer.

I know I will want to do some 5 gallon batches, but since the MiniBrew thermometer is located too high up the cylinder for that batch size should I invest in a Carboy setup or get another thermometer that will reach down to the wort?

Welcome back. I'd say find a digital thermometer with a probe that can handle being immersed.

Welcome to the site. Any good homebrew stores in your area? I live in Parkersburg by the way.

Welcome to the site. Any good homebrew stores in your area? I live in Parkersburg by the way.

Back when I first brewed there was a good store in Hurricane, but it seems to have gone out of business since then. I've been checking around but haven't found anywhere else though. Looks like most of my purchases will be online.

Back when I first brewed there was a good store in Hurricane, but it seems to have gone out of business since then. I've been checking around but haven't found anywhere else though. Looks like most of my purchases will be online.

Thats to bad I would drive that far if I could find a true dedicated beer homebrewing store. I found a store in Marietta, OH but they mostly do wine. They have a very limited beer homebrewing selection on hand. They will do special orders for their customers though. They get all their stuff from ldcarlson. I guess special orders with no shipping isnt to bad I guess.

Howdy everyone!

I brewed 6-7 batches several years ago and loved it (both the process & the product). Unfortunately I had to move and the apartment I moved to didn't have the extra space to keep my brewing equipment with me. Now I finally have my own house and plenty of space, so I've pulled all the equipment out of storage and have begun preparations to restart this glorious hobby.

Currently doing research for two immanent purchase, an outdoor burner and a kettle, as an electric stove just doesn't cut it and my old brew pot was borrowed (rather permanently it seems) by family members when everything went into storage. I still have the MiniBrew 15 Gallon fermenter that I started with though. It works great for 10 gallon batches but for a 5 gallon batch size the wort doesn't fill it up enough to reach the thermometer.

I know I will want to do some 5 gallon batches, but since the MiniBrew thermometer is located too high up the cylinder for that batch size should I invest in a Carboy setup or get another thermometer that will reach down to the wort?

Hi howdy,

There are many sites where you get quality burner, kettle, electric stove for your job.

Your charleston town has its own quality that any visitor can fall in love with; some may choose to extend their vacations while some can plan the rest of their futures here. Relocating to Charleston West Virginia seems to be a good idea for people who are near retirement or for those who are starting a new family, or for couples who have just had their affordable wedding here.

Back