Drive By Truckers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dude

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Well, I picked up A Blessing and a Curse today, and while I thought it was pretty damn good, I was left kind of wanting more. I was slightly disappointed in it--and I kept waiting for them to pick it up, on most every song. I was expecting more of an uptempo rockabilly thing, and this one didn't quite deliver.

Do they have a definitive CD that I need to buy? I definitley think it has potential--but please tell me they rock out a little bit more than this one.

I thought it was about "trucker bombs" that the truckers toss out the window. Anything to save them from making a stop I guess.

Went to see them open up for the black crowes recently, but fell into a bottle of absinthe a friend brought and missed 'em. Was so pissed...but so carefree. :drunk:

I really dig these guys.

Chairman Cheyco said:
You could not have, you're way too young to have seen Cream's first iteration!
I said before he sucked, not started declining! What other oldies...The Who, The Stones, Bowie, Genesis w/Phil v.2, Johnny Winter, Joan Jett, Thorogood...a few good ones. Now I just go to smaller venues. Actually, I don't really go anywhere anymore :( :rockin:

check out 'angry johnny and the killbillies', some friends of the drive by truckers.
www.getangry.com.
they are loud and drunk and kick a** rockabilly!
and if you ever find killville mass, let me know how to get there.
cheers!

barrett

Well, I picked up "The Dirty South" on the recommendations, and although better, it still left me craving more rock. One of the singers really gets under my skin too. Don't know which one it is but I skip most of those songs.

Don't get me wrong--this music is pretty good, and I'll enjoy the CDs.

Back