best online supply house??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Every site has pretty much different kits so it's a matter of finding the one that's right for you and within your budget.

I got mine (complete brewing kit) from love2brew.com but there's lots of options out there.

I get most of my supplies from Northern Brewer. They just sent out an email offer. 6 gallon carboy with $150.00 purchase. Offer good until 1/12, online or at the retail store. Coupon code FREE6ME

Morebeer.com or Northernbrewer.com or Austinhomebrew.com or Midwestsupplies.com all are very good and offer a full range of whatever you may need.

I've been quite pleased with bells general store (bellsbeer.com) on both available deals and shipping times.

EROK said:
Morebeer.com or Northernbrewer.com or Austinhomebrew.com or Midwestsupplies.com all are very good and offer a full range of whatever you may need.

+1

All of these are reputable and always are fresh. I use austinhomebrew because they have flat rate shipping at over 100 bucks and they are close to me

brewbrothers.biz and mainbrew.com are good, and underrated. Brewbrothers in particular has an outstanding selection of malts. They even sell malts that haven't yet been invented. It's very technical.

highgravitybacon said:
brewbrothers.biz and mainbrew.com are good, and underrated. Brewbrothers in particular has an outstanding selection of malts. They even sell malts that haven't yet been invented. It's very technical.

+1 for brew brothers. Plus, they've got virtual bags of malt. You buy in bulk, at bulk prices, and withdraw from your account. That way you always get fresh malt. You only pay or the shipping when you withdraw. Free grain crushing is the icing on the cake for me.

+1 for brew brothers. Plus, they've got virtual bags of malt. You buy in bulk, at bulk prices, and withdraw from your account. That way you always get fresh malt. You only pay or the shipping when you withdraw. Free grain crushing is the icing on the cake for me.

And since we're in the brewbrothers lovefest, no charge for ice packs on yeast. Lowest prices for yeast on the internet. Mainbrew also has free ice packs.

They're getting bigger, but still feels like they pay attention. They contacted me mentioning that they noticed I was buying a lot of grain and told me I should look into the virtual bag. That's the kind of service I've never gotten from northern or more.

I see that Brew Brothers offers grain from Great Western Malting that is significantly cheaper than the other malting companies. Have you all used malt from Great Western? If so, what are your thoughts?

Great Western is the supplier for the Western States as I understand it. I use them almost exclusively because of the price break here and I have no complaints.

I've never used any of their kits, but have no complaints at all about the kits I've gotten from Northern. They are top notch for sure in that aspect.

I personally prefer austinhomebrew.com and sometimes I order from northernbrewer.com. I tend to order more from AHB as they have a huge selection of kits to choose from and if you just want to order grains from them, they seem to come in a little cheaper. The only downside to ordering from either of them for me anyway is it takes about a week to receive anything from them since I live halfway across the country from them.

That being said...anyone know of a good supplier on the East Coast or in New England?

I personally prefer austinhomebrew.com and sometimes I order from northernbrewer.com. I tend to order more from AHB as they have a huge selection of kits to choose from and if you just want to order grains from them, they seem to come in a little cheaper. The only downside to ordering from either of them for me anyway is it takes about a week to receive anything from them since I live halfway across the country from them.

That being said...anyone know of a good supplier on the East Coast or in New England?

For the east coast, there is Annapolis Home Brew. They have flat rate shipping for $7.95. The prices are slightly more expensive than Northern Brewer, but I can get my yeast from there without having to pay for rush shipping because I'm in D.C.

Rebel Brewer in Tennessee I know for a fact that they crush there grains and measure out ingredients right before shipped out. Being my LHBS, you go in and pick a kit, they come back in about 20 min after making the kits fresh! Plus seem to be cheaper on a ton of other stuff than other sites. Rebelbrewer.com!

My go to is morebeer.com because of the super saver shipping (free, albeit slow, shipping if you spend over $59). Not sure anyone else still does this.

Sometimes AHB has some really good deals on equipment though. They also offer a rewards program that I believe equates to 1% cash back.

For the east coast, there is Annapolis Home Brew. They have flat rate shipping for $7.95. The prices are slightly more expensive than Northern Brewer, but I can get my yeast from there without having to pay for rush shipping because I'm in D.C.

Thank you. I'll check out their website.

Back