MD/DC grain

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks man - a very nice offer! Right now I am at capacity with three beers fermenting in my fridge. I am brewing again October 17 - an imperial using the yeast cake of one of my currently fermenting beers - so if the grain is not in by then I will definitely take you up on a sack of 2-row.

Steve

Thanks man - a very nice offer! Right now I am at capacity with three beers fermenting in my fridge. I am brewing again October 17 - an imperial using the yeast cake of one of my currently fermenting beers - so if the grain is not in by then I will definitely take you up on a sack of 2-row.

Steve

No problem Steve. Just wondering though, doesn't Orion have it's own group buy club? :D

Oh I have various intergalactic travel possibilities, a phone booth or two are reasonably close and I tend to like using these to get to DC where I can taunt the idiots in congress... I can stop by Stefin in TKPK to pick up grain on the way home!

pretty sure were full.... just need to calculate. also need a day off work! that being said..I have the whole weekend off..... and the GF is in chicago :D

If there's room and they'll do it, still want 11lb of Centennial, but hopes aren't high. You can also put me down for 2 bags of 2-Row if needed to ode the order.

Sounds like a heavy brew week for you!! :)

so I need thoughts on a subject. someone bought 3 bags (and paid) but has not logged into HBT for 6 weeks.... what should I do? my thought was liquidate and buy him 3 bags if he ever shows up again.....but, he did pay, and its not like its taking space from me..

so I need thoughts on a subject. someone bought 3 bags (and paid) but has not logged into HBT for 6 weeks.... what should I do? my thought was liquidate and buy him 3 bags if he ever shows up again.....but, he did pay, and its not like its taking space from me..
assuming you've PM'ed and e-mailed him with no response, then yeah i think you're justified in moving the grain. it's not getting any fresher, and we all know that malt wants to be beer... you're just torturing the stuff 'cause daddy's gone AWOL. sell it off/use it yourself and be ready with cash if/when he shows up again, IMO.

atjsparty said:
If there's room and they'll do it, still want 11lb of Centennial, but hopes aren't high. You can also put me down for 2 bags of 2-Row if needed to ode the order.

Sounds like a heavy brew week for you!! :)

Hops were something that I wanted too so if you are ordering let me know I'll be in for 11 lbs to.

I can't imagine ordering 3 bags, paying for it, and not wanting it ASAP to brew. Hope whoever he is is alright! I agree with the rest: liquidate with the next order so it doesn't get old. If it is 2 row and he does suddenly need it, I am sure between the lot of us we can scrounge up a bag or two until the next order...ditto for pils or mo.

Looking to split a bag of C60 with someone either on this run or the next. PM me if you are interested.

we are full.will send in tuesday

stonebrewer, perfect time to ask youll get a split 50/50 of60

I have spare
Gw pale
2 bags 2 row
1 bz pils
1 baird MO

only one ill use is the pils :)

claphamsa said:
we are full.will send in tuesday

stonebrewer, perfect time to ask youll get a split 50/50 of60

I have spare
Gw pale
2 bags 2 row
1 bz pils
1 baird MO

only one ill use is the pils :)

Woot!

Sooo...he ordered and paid? Are we supposed to pay up front? This is my first group buy and I assumed we pay at pickup. My apologies if that is wrong.

Let me know who and how to pay and i'll do it asap.

Does anybody know where I can buy reverse osmosis water in DC or the area? Best if it is at a dispensing machine <$1 per gallon.

i just bought some at Food Lion (on 355 in Rockville), for either 93 or 97 cents per one-gallon jug. i suspect that a lot of "discount" grocery stores have it. have you looked at walmart/target/etc?

I've looked for dispensers at Target, Giant, Whole foods. They don't have it. At a dollar per gallon + gas I might as well look to get a RO system at home.

I'll take the spare bags of two row
they are yours

Sooo...he ordered and paid? Are we supposed to pay up front? This is my first group buy and I assumed we pay at pickup. My apologies if that is wrong.

Let me know who and how to pay and i'll do it asap.
nope, usually COD, he paid because he was going on vacation....

whoever ordered the Bairds pale, they are out. I said go ahead and sub for CMC pale (if thats a problem let me know) , hopefully this gets delivered this Friday

Stefin, i assume you update the spread for each order and you haven't for the most recent order?

Just want to know how much I owe. Thanks.

Group buy noob here, but I'd like to get in on the next batch. Any special requirements or mandatory hazing for first-timers? :drunk:

1x GW-2ROW - Great Western 2-row
1x BD-MOPA - Baird's Maris Otter

tks!

Stephan

I take it you still have not heard from Scott. A while ago I posted on a local meet up site and even PM'd him myself and no one has responded. I hope he is vacationing still.

Sheldon

Stefin Clapham 2.5 107.94
Dan Ackerman 4.0 169.95
90minman 2.0 87.68
stevedasleeve 3.0 121.43
vitol 2.0 74.11
rpg 2.0 95.90
Beezbrew 3.0 131.31
gotnumbeers 3.0 126.32
thebigZ 2.0 87.68
Treehousebrewing 1.0 37.18
Swerner 2.0 88.98
mr goodbrew 3.0 121.43
maxout 1.0 38.74
Eshorebrewer 2.0 82.17
DocRob 1.0 37.18
Peter78 2.0 74.11
stonebrewer 1.5 69.56
flytact 3.0 139.48
herb 1.0 42.02
wes 1.0 36.77

dont forget, I have PBW (3$ an lb) melanoiden (1$) starsan (40$) and carapils (1$)

the good shipper should be the one delivering...Ill post when i get confirmation. hopefully they will drop the palate in the AM, and we can unload at leisure.

pay, now, or anytime before collecting your grain (or then)

bring your own bags for pbw etc. palate will be here 9-12... can i get 2 pm unloaders? im gonna have to get my natitude on again in the evening.

In case you prefer to know this before I arrive for pick up: I'm also interested in some PBW, carapils, and melanoiden.

I'm happy to help unload, but the soonest I could get to Takoma Park from Arlington after work on Fri would be 5pm. Let me know if you want me to come by then, but it sounds like your evening will be filled with the Nats game. I'm free the rest of the weekend, and most evenings next week, so let me know when I can come pick up. You can PM me your address. I'll be sure to bring cash, plastic bags, and samples. :) Thanks!

I also need the address for pickup. I can't do it today either but anytime tomorrow or Sunday would be awesome. I also plan on grabbing a few pounds of PBW and probably some carapils.

Say you're trying to do it around 2pm? I can be there a little earlier than that if possible. I work in Millersville, get off around 11am, it would take me roughly 45mins to get to Takoma Park. If not I will have to wait until one day this coming week to get over there.

Say you're trying to do it around 2pm? I can be there a little earlier than that if possible. I work in Millersville, get off around 11am, it would take me roughly 45mins to get to Takoma Park. If not I will have to wait until one day this coming week to get over there.

whenever someone is willing to help is when ill do it.

I try to pick a time so if 2-3 can come they all come at the same time.

if noon works for you ill say noon! (make sure to check the delivery has happend first, sometimes its late)

ok, so palate is in (maybe i should figure the right spelling of that someday....) easternshore says hell be here 12-1230 ish, so thats when were unloading. the more help the better!

Back