What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Galaxy hopped pale ale, if you haven't tried Galaxy give it a try it has a great aroma. It is now my SWIMBO's favorite. When she is happy It is much easier to convince her to let me upgrade equipment.

corkybstewart said:
Just finished a Hennepin, now it's Nyquil time. Hopefully I an breathe and taste by tomorrow.

Hey, I don't mean to be a downer, but acetamenophin (active ingredient in nyquil) is disastrous for your liver when taken in combination with alcohol. It can cause irreparable liver damage. Just thought u should know.

aharri1 said:
Flying dog tire bite and then a belgian light ale

Get that tire bite while u can, its being permanently replaced by wildeman farmhouse ipa......

Just drank the 1st FG sample of my latest batch of Sunset Gold APA while typing away in the giant givaway thread. The ahtanum & stirling hops def give it a better balance. It should be ready around the time the givaway winners are announced!

I've been enjoying Deschutes Red Chair lately but got a bottle of New Belgium's Cocoa Mole over the weekend and it was outstanding! Must try to find it again (grabbed the last bottle at the store).

Also decided that since momma doesn't care for the Chimay Grand Reserve so much (with the sour on the back),I'm gunna finish it now! She used aluminum foil tight over the top of the bottle last night in the fridge. By God,that foil held the carbonation perfectly! Just as good as it was last night. Gunna remember that lil trick. It's like 25.4oz...strange it doesn't hold much more than a cooper's PET bottle at 25.16oz?...

AHS' Guinness Foreign Extra Stout (plus 1% alcohol boost. Completely unnecessary, btw.) I had been hoping that the high alcohol taste would dissipate over time, but it didn't. I credit that to the leaky PET bottles/caps. After almost a year (11 months) since brewing, the brews are flat and just as unsavory. I am persevering and soldiering through these though. Now an AHS English Honey Bitter. The taste has grown on me... :)

Even Cooper's says their PET bottles aren't good past 8 months or so. They say if you're aging long term to put the beer in glass bottles. And after I fill & cap all of them,I go back & crank'em again.

frunkasduck said:
Milwaukees Best Ice once again!

Wow, if that isn't a blast from my college past, 1/2 barrels at the Mobil for $29.99, many a night spent drinking that stuff.

Wow, if that isn't a blast from my college past, 1/2 barrels at the Mobil for $29.99, many a night spent drinking that stuff.

Call me crazy but I really enjoy it. Moneys really tight right now, gotta have something to drink! I can't keep affording to pay $10 for a 6 pack of Great Lakes with the hours i'm getting at work right now!

Had a Mad River-Serious Madness- I wonder if their house malt is Great Western Pale which i have a big sack of also.Becuase im picking up this character alot from the malt.

Just had my dunkleweisen(not a lager)one week short of a year old,refrigerated a few days,and was spectacular.Where i got some vanilla woody notes,i have no idea,maybe 05's dryness the honeymalt even a little smoke malt and goldings/hallertau. Partial mash even,im going to have to say its a classic beer,really,shure as hell glad i have some left even.Oh looks like i used some actuall honey last 10 of the boil what do ya know.Pipeline and time.Too many beers,too little time.

Cascade,chinook,centennial Pilsner about 10 months,yep still good,used a hell a lot of priming though,maybe the cause of massive head? Ya think?It seemed to work out pretty well.All extract pilsner, too.

0206022113a.jpg

Dogfish Head Indian Brown Ale.... not a fan. Strong coffee taste IMO, "Indian" should have tipped me off that this wouldn't be a typical brown ale.

Back