When you're drinking your cheap beer, such as PBR or the like...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am the opposite. I ALWAYS pour my bottled bear into a frosted mug, but when I have a nice can of craft brew I just pop the top and start drinking. I just like the taste better like that. I think most people are opposite of myself though..

Usually, unless I am mowing the lawn or something. I realized I hate Corona after trying it in a glass instead of out of a bottle with a lime in it.

I think the lime is supposed to make it taste better. It's a really bad beer.

I drink my beer out of a glass generally speaking I don't like to drink from a bottle or can. As for PBR in a glass with a little salt.

A good half of the experience of drinking a beer is in the aroma. How can you enjoy the aroma if you're drinking straight out of the bottle/can?

I always pour into a glass. If I am at a bar where they just hand me a bottle, I will ask for a glass. If they hand me an ice-cold frosty glass, I will ask for one that's room temp.

Always put it into a glass. I actually think PBR is one of the best bets as far as cheap beer goes.

it depends. on a summer day, i'll guzzle 'em outta the can. but generally, i pour pretty much every beer i drink whether it's canned or bottled. gotta love PBR in a tall pilsner glass.

I am the opposite. I ALWAYS pour my bottled bear into a frosted mug, but when I have a nice can of craft brew I just pop the top and start drinking. I just like the taste better like that. I think most people are opposite of myself though..
i_see_what_you_did_there_RE_Anyone_else_see_it-s450x545-95526.jpg

I never used to pour cheap beers into a glass, then did it with a few recently. Not knocking anyone else's opinion, but I think it makes them taste worse :drunk:

I still get harassed for pouring craft/microbrews into a glass by some friends.

Generally aim for a glass more often lately. I find it allows the carbon dioxide to dissipate a little more which generally leaves me feeling less-bad than all that gas sometimes does. (besides the feeling bad emotionally for drinking bad beer)

i love all beer.. out of a bottle,can and/or glass.. really don't care just bring it cold

Narragansett out of the can, but really, it doesn't matter to me.

I actually had an interesting experience with Alchemist's Heady Topper in can. This is an amazing IPA, so naturally I thought that I should pour it into a glass. However, the can suggests drinking from the can so that as much of the hop aroma is left in solution. It was the dankest, craziest hop experience I've ever had, and it was from a can. I couldn't believe it. Screw the aroma! :)

Yeungling out of bottle beats out of a can, and if I'm too lazy to pick something better, probably too lazy to pull out a glass.

Cheap beer isn't worthy of dirtying a glass.

As for the Corona discussion, how is that disgusting crap considered a quality beer? If you have to put fruit in a beer (excluding a fruit based beer) to make it taste good, a red flag should go way up!

My question to everyone on this is do you consider Heineken a quality beer?

I cant stand beer in a can. However If I pour it into a can its much better. If had to choose between bottle or can, I choose bottle. Ultimately I pour all beers into a glass unless I'm ****ty drunk. The only exception I will make is corona. I fully agree that it is 100% better out of the bottle with a lime in it.

hodge said:
Narragansett out of the can, but really, it doesn't matter to me.

I actually had an interesting experience with Alchemist's Heady Topper in can. This is an amazing IPA, so naturally I thought that I should pour it into a glass. However, the can suggests drinking from the can so that as much of the hop aroma is left in solution. It was the dankest, craziest hop experience I've ever had, and it was from a can. I couldn't believe it. Screw the aroma! :)

Half acre daisy cutter is also pretty good out of the can....dry hopped apa

I actually think PBR is one of the best bets as far as cheap beer goes.

Agreed, that's my cheap beer of choice. To answer the question, I usually drink cheap beer out of the can or bottle. Pouring it into a glass makes it taste worse in my opinion.

I usually pour it into a glass, but I rarely drink non-craft beer. If the restaurant/bar/friend doesn't have a good craft beer, or something like a Boston Lager or Yuengling, I'll have a sweet tea or soda. And that's not because I am snobby, but because I don't usually enjoy the taste of most mass-produced American light and standard lagers very much.

ArcaneXor said:
I usually pour it into a glass, but I rarely drink non-craft beer. If the restaurant/bar/friend doesn't have a good craft beer, or something like a Boston Lager or Yuengling, I'll have a sweet tea or soda. And that's not because I am snobby, but because I don't usually enjoy the taste of most mass-produced American light and standard lagers very much.

I always thought I was weird for not liking boston lager. Never did it for me. However, I do like yuengling. Strange.

Agreed on the heady topper, it is actually better from the can. Since doing that I have started to drink all.canned craft from the can. Bottles I pour though. A guy from heavy seas told me on a tour that they deliberately overcarbonate to account for pouring into a glass. By pouring I get the mouthfeel of a beer as intended by the Brewer

I'll drink the kife mass produced stuff out of the bottle or can. At basement temp so there is a lil more flavour.
Then again I'll drink my home brews at basement temps aswell?????:confused:.

I only drink cheap beer at dive bars with my BMC drinkin' buddies; so unless I'm drinking from the pitcher itself (has happened in the past, not proud of it, but true) I'll use a glass...

I never used to pour cheap beers into a glass, then did it with a few recently. Not knocking anyone else's opinion, but I think it makes them taste worse :drunk:

I still get harassed for pouring craft/microbrews into a glass by some friends.

I have found that true with some as well. PBR has long been my favorite cheap bear, made the mistake of buying it in bottles once and was disappointed. The can was part of the flavor I guess. Not trying it in glass.

When I was an avid Steel Reserve drinker, I once made the mistake of pouring it into a glass...being able to actually smell the "beer" made it 100x less palatable, if that's even possible. Bad, BAD news!

heferly said:
Half acre daisy cutter is also pretty good out of the can....dry hopped apa

+1 on the Daisy Cutter from the can. Although it ain't too shabby in a glass either.

Back