i hate Fox Barrel Label Glue

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TipsyDragon

Reaction score
the other day i was in BevMo and saw some cider. well i like cider so i bought some. being a home brewer i couldn't help but think of possible uses for the empty bottles. of course i don't want the labels on the bottles advertising the cider so i decided to take the labels off.

well after an all night soak in some warm water and Dawn the labels came off reeeealy easy. :ban: but of course the glue they use to hold the labels on is still on the bottle. no big deal. green scrubby pad works wonders ... on beer bottle label glue. long story short the glue is practically refusing to come off. i have a bottle with green sludge STUCK to the side.:mad:

Oxiclean. I guarantee 1/2 hour soak they glue will come off just by rubbing it with your hand.

It won't come off even after a week of oxiclean, then steam cleaning, then refiring the bottle. Those labels and Marin Brewing and Moylans are the devil. They are just an absolute sticker that doesn't ever come off. Worst part is that it just has that residue that never gets clean. Pliny the Elder and Blind Pig are the same way.

Back