Hopsdirect!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FreakinA

Reaction score
Ok so first of all thank you guys for not warning me how big 4lbs of hops are! I ordered from HopsDirect and my order came today. Tonight I am cooking 5 pounds of meat to make room in my freezer! These bags are huge! I should be putting these giant silver bags in my freezer right?

Lol!
I take it you ordered 4lbs of leaf hops.
I got 2 lbs of pellets and I am still catching hell from SWMBO.
And yes the freezer is a good place for them.

Yes 4 lbs of leads! I was expecting a box about the size of the priority mailers! I should have remember how big an oz of a similar plant was, but the calculations never took place in my mind. I am going to throw so much of this in my beer.

I think like a dozen people already warned about the size of the leaf hops, you just must have missed it. :) If you search in the past hopsdirect threads there were a few people who mentioned the large size of the leaf hop bags.
Now you'll just have to do a giant double IPA this weekend to make room.

Would a pound of cascade be too much for a 5 galloner?!?! The quadruple IPA is on its way. Just kidding I cant even hit 70% efficiency, I would spend the rest of my money acquiring they grain.

This is a wonderful day. I am full up on freezer capacity from hops and I got a 5lb co2 tank on craiglist for 20 bucks!

get a food saver. i broke my pound bags up into 2 ounce vac packs and it takes up probably 75% less space. plus they're vacuum sealed so they'll stay fresher longer.

get a food saver. i broke my pound bags up into 2 ounce vac packs and it takes up probably 75% less space. plus they're vacuum sealed so they'll stay fresher longer.

+1 on the foodsaver. takes up much less space, hops stay fresher longer.

i dont' eat much meat so room in freezer for a few pounds of pellets. ordered a pound each of amarillo, centennial and chinook a month or two ago.
just last night i got a pound each of magnum, fuggle US and columbus...

i just cut the top of the silver bag. use what i need. smoosh the bag so not much air and then use an iron to reseal the bag. stick back in freezer.

Holy crap my order was delevered today (10Lbs Whole Leaf). Even my kegerator freezer was not big enough. Quick trip to Wally World I'm now the proud owner of a Food Saver. I managed to get through 5 bags broke down to 2oz packages but it took me around 4 hours and my freezer is half full. Gotta quit for the night as 2x 8"X20' rolls only covered 5 bags. The great news is the finish weight (I run a bit on the heavy side anyway) for the first 5 bags is 6.5 Lbs of hops:ban:

Ok now that I'm done processing and packageing here's the pics.

I ordered the following in 1lb bags:
Cascade
Chinook
Fuggle - US
Northern Brewer - Germany
Nugget
Saaz - US
Willamette
Tettnanger - Germany
Golding - US
Hallertauer

I received nearly 13lbs total weight.

The delivery: The pic dosen't do the bag size justice
DSC_2501.jpg

Divided and Conquered:
DSC_2503.jpg

One full freezer:
DSC_2504.jpg

*Edit, I just did the calculations this order worked out to ~.70/Oz with shipping

lol, dealer.

For those who have ordered 1-4 lb. what was the shipping cost? I'd like to get a lb. of centennial for an IPA and maybe some willamette or something, but since they don't do shipping costs on their site I'm not sure if that kills the deal.

lol, dealer.

For those who have ordered 1-4 lb. what was the shipping cost? I'd like to get a lb. of centennial for an IPA and maybe some willamette or something, but since they don't do shipping costs on their site I'm not sure if that kills the deal.

Call them up. Takes them about 20 seconds to give you your shipping cost. They really do run the business like a farm. You call the number, real person answers the phone, you tell them you want to buy a pound, they ask for your zip, they give you the shipping.

Once you crunch the numbers and compare the prices with freshops or your LHBS, you'll realize Hopsdirect is ALWAYS worth it!:mug:

Ok now that I'm done processing and packageing here's the pics.

I ordered the following in 1lb bags:
Cascade
Chinook
Fuggle - US
Northern Brewer - Germany
Nugget
Saaz - US
Willamette
Tettnanger - Germany
Golding - US
Hallertauer

I received nearly 13lbs total weight.

The delivery: The pic dosen't do the bag size justice
DSC_2501.jpg

Divided and Conquered:
DSC_2503.jpg

One full freezer:
DSC_2504.jpg

*Edit, I just did the calculations this order worked out to ~.70/Oz with shipping

You planning on making a 10-hop monster?

Has anybody ordered from Hopsdirect.com? Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems like they're selling their hops dirtcheap. Does anyone have some feedback about this website? Are their hops good/worthwhile?

Has anybody ordered from Hopsdirect.com? Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems like they're selling their hops dirtcheap. Does anyone have some feedback about this website? Are their hops good/worthwhile?

I order from them frequently. The hops are A+++++++. They're hop farmers who are willing to deal directly with homebrewers who wish to buy in lb. increments.

You will not be disappointed.

Have a look at these:
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f12/hopsdirect-com-113566/
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f14/hopsdirect-com-136623/

If I lived a little closer, I would dress up life an ATF agent and riad your freezer! :D

Do your have a backup generator in case of a power outage?

I ordered 6lbs of hops, Perle, cascade, tet, amarila, magnum and willamette

All arrived very quickly and was packed very nice,
As for quality, You cant beat it. Custumer service A+++++
As for hop price, I paid .80 cents a oz.

That would be including shipping cost as well.

Tell me where else can you can get hops for 80 cents a oz delivered to your door?

Worth every penny, I figured i might as well get enough to last me a year.

Yeah whoever asked about shipping. I ordered online from them, and hops came to my door for .79 an Oz! Its a pretty big box if you get whole leaf, so shipping is about 6-10 bucks.

Here's my freezer. Yes, there is some regular food in there. That box on the right is pancake mix. :D

9ba23e4e.jpg

You planning on making a 10-hop monster?

Nope that's just my hop bill for my 12 house recipes. This order should last me a years worth of brewing. I used 2.5 oz yesterday in my Honey Cream which now makes for 40 gals in my fermentors. I brew a lot ;)

Ok so first of all thank you guys for not warning me how big 4lbs of hops are! I ordered from HopsDirect and my order came today. Tonight I am cooking 5 pounds of meat to make room in my freezer! These bags are huge! I should be putting these giant silver bags in my freezer right?

I bet that your four pounds is really SIX pounds. Every time I order from them I get an extra eight ounces for every pound I ordered. The first time I ordered two pounds of Chinook and two pounds of Cascade. Four bags that had twenty four ounces of hops in each bag. I just ordered a pound of cascade a month ago and got a pound and a half. :)

Back