American Wheat

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

truebrew2009

Reaction score
Ok Guys,
Brewed a american wheat and it will be 2 weeks this sunday. hydrometer reading is 1.020 but should be 1.012 to 1.o14 . What would you do let it sit or go ahead and bottle it ? thanks for your help trew

I would rouse the yeast by gently rocking your fermenter, and depending on what temperature it is sitting at, try warming it up a bit. Give it another week after that.

hey thanks DRoyLenz thanks also looks like i have some yeast still floating on top. will do thanks again truebrew

Wheats typically ferment quick.. I'd leave it alone a week and take another reading... then bottle..

This is true, all the more reason for me to suggest he rouse the yeast. Since wheats ferment quickly, 2 weeks should be MORE than enough time for it to get down below 1.020.

Rouse the yeast, and MAYBE even warm up the fermenter a few degrees (assuming its not already at 75F+) and you may get the results you're looking for.

Back