no airlock activity???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

commandercool724

Reaction score
hello I have done ciders before but this is my first beer I purchased the wheat ale kit from homebrewery.com and did the whole boil and what not. the sp/GR startign was abrox 38 and now it is aprox 10 so I know fermentation occured it has been 11 days since pitching the yeast. I figured there must be a leak in my fermenter and that is why no bubbles so I Was gonna bottle anyway but I noticed there are still a very small amount of bubbles occasionally rising to the surface so I figured I Would wait till 14 days to prime and bottle. is there any help anyone can offer me with this? what is the best way to procede from here?
Thanks

No worries about the lack of airlock activity - happens all the time with buckets.

Most folks wait a minimum of three weeks to bottle, and four or more is common. If you're uncertain about when fermentation is complete, take hydrometer readings over a few days - if the reading is steady (isn't declining) then fermentation is done. Cheers!

No worries about the lack of airlock activity - happens all the time with buckets.

Most folks wait a minimum of three weeks to bottle, and four or more is common. If you're uncertain about when fermentation is complete, take hydrometer readings over a few days - if the reading is steady (isn't declining) then fermentation is done. Cheers!

+1.. The hydrometer is the key to this...

Back