Looking for a brewing job??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
**** where's my resume! Man that would be a kick A job.

Cheers

When I was at the Stone brewery they were advertising (posting on a wall) for a brewer position too. If it paid decent (couldn't be less than what I make now) and I was close it would be very tempting.

Last time I was there the CFO was doing the IT work. Maybe they will have you do double duty.

I applied! I live 3 miles away. I've been watching their site and hoping for an opportunity like this. I'm hoping my science background will help. Plus, I'm pretty off-centered. But aren't all homebrewers?

I got a reply back from Cindy! But, the pay wasn't even close to enough for me. :(

Gotta see if the wife don't mind selling off our cars and moving into a mobile home. :D

freyguy said:
I got a reply back from Cindy! But, the pay wasn't even close to enough for me. :(

Gotta see if the wife don't mind selling off our cars and moving into a mobile home. :D

Just out of curiosity, what was the range?

I'm curious about that too (pay)... I have a bad feeling it's in the $30's (K per year). That's not near enough for me either. Maybe that's why there's an open position.

Sounds like a nice entry level position for someone just out of brewing class. Ugh, if only I found something like that before I became so dependent on a high salary in a thankless boring career.

menschmaschine said:
I'm curious about that too (pay)... I have a bad feeling it's in the $30's (K per year). That's not near enough for me either. Maybe that's why there's an open position.

I'd be surprised if it's that high. As described, the job is entry-level, mostly manual labor and pushing buttons according to very strict instructions, with no educaton requirements defined.

I moonlighted at a similar job 15 years ago, and they paid me minimum wage. I was willing to do it for free (+ beer), but they insisted that they had to put me on the payroll. I think if I had told them I wanted $15/hr, they would have laughed at me.

Hope I'm wrong, but I'm just sayin' ;)

Bike N Brew said:
I'd be surprised if it's that high. As described, the job is entry-level, mostly manual labor and pushing buttons according to very strict instructions, with no educaton requirements defined.

You're probably right. Back to dreaming about opening my own LHBS. Unless... I know people that know Sam. Maybe I'll start creating hype about opening my own craft brewery here in So. Delaware! :p Then I'll get the job at a good salary.(Yeah, right)

You must be able to closely adhere to procedures and guidelines, including following recipes per exact specification and implementing detailed cleaning regimens. Brewers should demonstrate a technical proficiency and an understanding of brewing science. Familiarity with our products is a huge plus! Candidates must be able to stand for long periods of time, work any shift and be able to lift/maneuver 30-55 lbs repetitively.

Sounds like anyone in our brotherhood would be right at home there.

freyguy said:
All they told me was low 20's. :eek:

I'd love to get my foot in the door, but I've got too many bills.

Wow - that's worse than I thought. Can you live there?

Back