The [Horribly Unpopular] Soccer Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sporting KC's C.J. Sapong professing his love for Hope Solo. Be sure to watch it 'til the end. Awesome :D

<div><object width="576" height="324"><param name="movie" value="http://d.yimg.com/nl/vyc/site/player.swf?lang=en-US"></param><param name="flashVars" value="vid=26628643&lang=en-US&repeat=0&browseCarouselUI=hide&shareUrl=http%3A//video.yahoo.com/blogs-25772688/soccer-25772704/c-j-sapong-raps-for-hope-solo-26628643.html&startScreenCarouselUI=hide&"></param><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed width="576" height="324" allowFullScreen="true" src="http://d.yimg.com/nl/vyc/site/player.swf?lang=en-US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" flashvars="vid=26628643&lang=en-US&repeat=0&browseCarouselUI=hide&shareUrl=http%3A//video.yahoo.com/blogs-25772688/soccer-25772704/c-j-sapong-raps-for-hope-solo-26628643.html&startScreenCarouselUI=hide&"></embed></object></div>

Great match last night. That place was bumping!

It was just an odd one for me and swmbo since the only stream I could find had it's video delayed by a second behind the audio... Knowing a goal is coming before it happens sucks

Sporting KC's C.J. Sapong professing his love for Hope Solo. Be sure to watch it 'til the end. Awesome :D

<div><object width="576" height="324"><param name="movie" value="http://d.yimg.com/nl/vyc/site/player.swf?lang=en-US"></param><param name="flashVars" value="vid=26628643&lang=en-US&repeat=0&browseCarouselUI=hide&shareUrl=http%3A//video.yahoo.com/blogs-25772688/soccer-25772704/c-j-sapong-raps-for-hope-solo-26628643.html&startScreenCarouselUI=hide&"></param><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed width="576" height="324" allowFullScreen="true" src="http://d.yimg.com/nl/vyc/site/player.swf?lang=en-US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" flashvars="vid=26628643&lang=en-US&repeat=0&browseCarouselUI=hide&shareUrl=http%3A//video.yahoo.com/blogs-25772688/soccer-25772704/c-j-sapong-raps-for-hope-solo-26628643.html&startScreenCarouselUI=hide&"></embed></object></div>
That was pretty good. Got a lot better as it went on. :)

Right? He got the giggles but came right back and found his rhythm. I had the rap part stuck in my head all day yesterday.

Are you just thinking about Americans? Bora Milutinovic coached elsewhere. Dittmar Cramer coached both the US and Egyptian National teams in the 70s.

So after the awesome performance tonight and the last couple weeks, I have to ask:

Robbie Keane.... great acquisition or greatest acquisition of the season? :D

I just want to give a big shout out for the Sounders big win last night against Chicago for the US Open Cup Final! I had to listen to it on the radio but it was an intense back and forth game the whole damn time! Glad they came away with the win in the end, its a nice historical hat trick. I'll be looking to watch a replay soon.

It was a good game - I thought the FIRE were slightly outclassed - and had no idea what to do with the ball after you get thru midfield and are around the 18, maybe if Gazzini would have been fully fit it might have been a different story. But Seattle marked Odura/Nyarko speed out of the game - even though the FIRE tried to get long balls to them.

Hats off to Seattle - but I wish it was a different result.

John.

Yeah that was a good one. At least it was fun to watch. The LAvNY match was painful. in the second half there was a time period of about 10 minutes where the Galaxy couldn't clear it out of their defensive half (and for a while it didn't leave their defensive third.)

Oh well, congrats to seattle... but the supporters shield is still going to be ours ^_^

Whatched the open cup and actually while a flowing game, Seattle outshot Chicago 24-6 Without Chi town's outstanding play by their goalie and two fantastic saves by the posts, it could have easily been 6-0.

Chicago could never break down Seattle's back line so even when they had the ball they rarely got a shot off and had it taken away many times by Seattle's Alonso (defensive mid, scored 2nd goal) who had his usual great game.

Seattle has overcome a slow injury filled start of the season to build depth and a real team with several scorers that makes it hard to concentrate on any single player.

"Robbie Keane.... great acquisition or greatest acquisition of the season"

I would say Seattle getting Rosales, who is in the running for MVP (5 goals, 12 assists) for $42,000 was the best deal. LA paid 3.5 million pounds in transfer fees.

Whatched the open cup and actually while a flowing game, Seattle outshot Chicago 24-6 Without Chi town's outstanding play by their goalie and two fantastic saves by the posts, it could have easily been 6-0.
Sean Johnson is a beast!

"Robbie Keane.... great acquisition or greatest acquisition of the season"

I would say Seattle getting Rosales, who is in the running for MVP (5 goals, 12 assists) for $42,000 was the best deal. LA paid 3.5 million pounds in transfer fees.
Oh I was mostly being silly and extra stoked on his production... but it was about time LA could field two legitimate true forwards instead of the usual 0.5 - 1.5 forwards.

I like Keane too, but I tell ya this Rosales guy has turned out to be a steal. His agent met our scout in a men's room and struck up a conversation and then he was here training. Just a scrappy midfielder who doesn't quit. Lit a fire under this team and Freddy Montero who played so lazy at the start of the season, everybody wanted him gone. Now, he's a scoring machine again. Rosales got cheap shotted a couple weeks ago in the 90th minute and is out for another couple weeks. But watch Seattle in the playoffs. Everybody loves this guy as he is just full of piss and vinegar on the field and such a friendly guy off.

This is true of Rosales... and even more so about Montero. However, that's how Freddy works: he drags ass the first half of the season and then either being benched or potentially replaced gets him going.

This is hilarious!

3849.jpg

I like it... it sounds better than "grid-iron" or "throwball" (my previous favorite :D)

More than just a rough match -- a total reversal of what i have seen from this team for the last month.. uncreative - unresponsive - reactionary football!! utter crap game - they only seemed to press in the last 20mins... terrible.

I am slightly more optimistic this year than last - the cupboard was bare last year - I like some of the signings this year. BUT we still need better!!

Gonna be a long winter -- thank god there is still good football to watch.

Anybody else going to the Timber's last game in SLC? Got my tickets today to hang out with the Timber's Army for a bit!

Seattle vs. San Jose tonight in front of 64,150 fans to honor Seattle Goalkeeper Kasey Keller. Seattle won 2-1 by scoring twice in the last ten minutes. Up until then it looked like Keller was going to be honored with a loss. Keller is retiring after this season, his 22 in professional soccer. I think Seattle has a strong chance to send him into retirement with another cup to go with the open cup.

Anyone catch the crazy end to the Chicago v DC game Saturday... insane finish! Grant the FIRE have almost no shot to get to the playoffs ... but still good fun.

Now rooting for anyone vs. RedBulls!

Does anyone else feel the level of the ref's this year has been absolutely horrible?

Yeah refs have been awful. Henry shouldn't have had that red.

Also, DCvCHI match was thrilling and it was great to see keller sent off with a win in front of 64,140

Wanted to share with you guys my view of the SKC v NYR match on saturday. We bought the $50 beer terrace seats. Holy crap. Best seat I've ever had for any sporting event. 20ft from the pitch, unlimited beers, brats, hotdogs, and nachos. Livestrong Park is beautiful. It was an amazing day.

photo3.jpg

311893_151666458262585_100002576953070_224709_1698337114_n.jpg

$50 for great seats, beer and food? $50 bucks gets you a couple buds at Sounders field. And I'm not kidding that much. That's the one downer about Clink field (Seattle), you have to take out a small loan to get a buzz. Budw $8 a pint. French fries $6 an order (roughly large size mc ds). A bottle of water $3. That said, you come early, eat and drink in one of the many nearby pubs and then go to the game. A Sounders home game is a great experience, the foodservice isn't.

Sorry, PTFC. I was really rooting for you.... Philly have been stellar the last month while RBNY have looked like ass. Too bad they went for role-reversal last night.

For an expansion team your first season was thrilling. A bit sloppy in the first half but you guys made a serious run there at the end.

[Raising coffee mug] Here's to next season!

On a brighter and more All-MLS note, LA are now the third domestic club to make it to the CCL knock-out stage. But I'm confused.... does anybody know the tie-breaker rules for CCL group stage? I ask because LA are being shown as the winners of Group A, but their goal differential is 2 less than The Mighty Monarchs of Morelia (man I love the Venture Brothers.) Is there some kind of "Well, we beat you by more when we played soooooo we win" clause?

But that's aside the point: we need at least two of our clubs to make it to the semi-finals this time. No more throwing up a prayer.... MLS needs to dominate this tournament.

Anybody else watching the very last regular season match?

Houston vs LA Reserves

They're going to have to get a couple lucky breaks if they want to set the season points record at 70

Sorry, PTFC. I was really rooting for you.... Philly have been stellar the last month while RBNY have looked like ass. Too bad they went for role-reversal last night.

For an expansion team your first season was thrilling. A bit sloppy in the first half but you guys made a serious run there at the end.

[Raising coffee mug] Here's to next season!

Actually our early season was stellar, undefeated our first 5 home matches if I remember correctly. It was the middle third of the season that we stunk it up a bit. I renewed my season tickets, and look forward to chanting, singing, and dancing next year in the Army sections. :rockin::ban::rockin::ban::mug:

Official bracket is up if anybody knows enough MLS fans to do a bracket pool.

bracket.jpg

Yeah Joker I thought the Timbers did a great job this year. Its awesome to have such a great rivalry going up here. Now if only the Whitecaps would show up to play.

Man, I just rewatched the youtube video of the tifo fail during Timbers vs. Caps.

Classic, hilarious and horrible all at the same time.

Back