dubbel

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

themashedone

Reaction score
should i have put extra yeast in my belgian dubbel after it sat for a month and a half it has only been bottled for two weeks and i know sometimes it can take a while i used a yeast calc. and it said to put 3.6 oz of dextrose. this is my first beer that has sat for this long. when is the cut off time of which you should pitch bottling yeast.

You should be fine. There should still be some yeast in suspension after 1.5 months. Also if you're anything like me you're not too precise when siphoning and you probably grabbed some yeast from the yeast cake. I'm very confident that you have viable yeast in the bottles.

That being said I'm not sure about your dextrose/corn sugar addition. A dubbel is usually carbonated more than your average beer. 3.6 oz sounds low if you were brewing a 5 gallon batch. What was the volume of your batch and what type of carbonation are you going for?

Back