Ferm. Temp after initial

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

octo

Reaction score
Im planning a brew coming up, but I am also going to be out of town for a few days during this period, If I were to keep the beer around 65 for the initial 7 days then let the temps go up from there to around 75, will this be ok until I get back?

fermentation temps aren't as important after fermentation is over. if your done or almost done within that week i wouldn't worry.

I would try to keep the temps as stable as possible for the duration... If you can, set the AC so that it keeps it at least under 70F while you're away. Or make a swamp cooler for the batch, and see if a neighbor/friend can check on it once a day for you.

Seriously?

Why not??? Without knowing WHERE in FL he's located, it could get pretty F'in warm during the day even this time of year. IF a neighbor/friend/family member CAN check on it while he's away, what's the harm?

OR, as I mentioned, put the AC on, either for the place, or at least one room (if window units) so that it's has a more stable temperature while you're away. Temperatures are more important early on, but if it's still going during the time he's away, better to have the temps more stable than not...

nah i wont be able to have anyone check on it, and i dont want to leave my air on all day (would get pretty expensive). I do swamp cooler anyways, so that should keep it a few degrees cooler.

Back