What Should I Do With It?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What Should I Do With The 2 Cans of MGD?

• Drink It

• Keep It Around For The BMC Friends

• Give It To My Dad

• Send It To It's Previous Owner

• Send It To You

• Build An Altar and Sacrifice It To The Beer Gods

• Send It To Ralph Nader

Results are only viewable after voting.

Brewsmith

Home brewing moogerfooger
Reaction score
I was cleaning out the fridge that will be the temperature controlled fermentation chamber, and found stashed away two cans of MGD. I don't particularly care for MGD, but my dad does. I can't really return it to the previous owner of the fridge since they are now out of the state. What should I do with them?

I voted "keep it for the BMC friends". That's what I'll do with the coors and bud that got left here over thanksgiving.

Or... cook some brats in it. It's terrible beer to drink, but if you reduce it down by about half the volume it actually has some flavor. That's what I normally do with any BMC that gets left at my place.

I second the "cook with it" suggestion. Beer can chicken, or yes, dump the cans in a pot and throw in some brats, simmer for 20 mins, and grill. Heaven on a bun. No ketchup, please. :D

Walker-san said:
I voted "keep it for the BMC friends". That's what I'll do with the coors and bud that got left here over thanksgiving.

Or... cook some brats in it. It's terrible beer to drink, but if you reduce it down by about half the volume it actually has some flavor. That's what I normally do with any BMC that gets left at my place.

Ditto!:mug:

So far the theme seems to be cooking some brats in them. Not a bad idea. I need another reason to fire up the grill.

Another vote for brats. It's how I clean up all the BMC left behind at my house during the summer.

I'm with Dude and Ed Wort on this. BCC = Beer Can Chicken. Any BMC style twelve ounce works fine for a roasting a 3.5 to 4.5 pound chicken on your grill.

I'd use it to clean the toilet.

Beer fried brats. What a good idea. That might just be dinner tonight.

I'll throw another vote in for soaking brats in 'em. Why waste a quality homebrew or commercial brew when you can use MGD :D

crap you fools are making me hungry, and i just finished eating literally 30 minutes ago.

mark another vote for cooking with it

You could: 1. Touch Rhoobarb's avatar on her luscious butt with them.
2. Man up and drink them. It's only commercial beer.
Or, my personal favorite:
3. Shake 'em up really good and shoot them with a large caliber rifle.. This is my personal favorite. You really don't know how old they are or how fresh. Unleash your inner redneck and make 'em go " boom!".

I was thinking of making an option "use for target practice" but I don't own a rifle...yet.

As far as the drinking part. It wouldn't take much "manning up" but I would prefer other BMC's over MGD. I still think I'm going with the brat solution.

Latest posts

Back