starting my build

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll have to wait until I get my elements before I put a hole in the keg. I got my heat sinks mounted along with my element receptacles and pump receptacles. I have pictures but am at work and will have to wait until I get home to post them. I think I have spent 8 to 10 hours measuring, drilling, cutting, reaming, punching and filing holes for this thing. The worst part is I spent all that time measuring it over and over to get it perfect but the drill bit would wander a little and throw everything off.

Here are the pictures of the heat sinks and receptacles. I left the bottom pump receptacle out because of the way I put them the hot screw will be too low to attach a wire with it in place.

P7030607.jpg

P7030608.jpg

P7030609.jpg

P7030610.jpg

BWN said:
Here are the pictures of the heat sinks and receptacles. I left the bottom pump receptacle out because of the way I put them the hot screw will be too low to attach a wire with it in place.

What size of screws did you use to mount your heat sink, having issues with this. I got a ton done today check out my thread. Hope all is well. Will try to finish up the last three holes for panel and paint tomorrow.

I used the ones that came with it. I used the heat sinks from Auber it is actually 2 next to each other.

got my ssr's, contactors, circuit breakers and distribution block all mounted last night. I got some wire done as well.

P7050611.jpg

P7050612.jpg

P7050613.jpg

P7050614.jpg

P7050615.jpg

I have almost all my wiring done. What size wire should I use from the switches for the elements to the coil on the contactors? I have 14 gauge going to the switches protected by a 1 amp fuse. I assume 14 gauge to the coil should be ok right?

definately. those coils probably pull much less than an amp. you could go smaller if it saves you trouble, but if you already have 14 ga i would stick with that.

Control box is finished except for the main power supply, E- stop, and grounding of the box.

P8110620.JPG

P8110618.JPG

P8110623.JPG

P8110626.JPG

Latest posts

Back