South Jersey/Philly Group Buy... ROUND 13!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lordura

Reaction score
:fro:--Here we go with round 13!--:fro:​

THIS GROUP BUY IS FULL! STAY TUNED FOR THE NEXT ROUND!

We need 42 bags of grain to complete this order OR 41 bags and some misc items.
Read more below on how it all works.

Check out the sales books for pricing:
GRAIN/MALT - NCM Sales Book <---- Take notice to price changes
HOPS - No Hops will be added to this order because the pricing reflected in the sales book if not our pricing. Click here to find a group buy in our area on hops.

Pick up location:
Pennsauken, NJ 08110

Pick up date/time:
TBA

Current Order: 42 Bags + 7 misc
lordura [PAID]: 1x CM-2ROW
Ty5592 [PAID]: 1x GW-2ROW, 1x GW-PALE
soonami [PAID]: 1 x TF-MOPA, 1 x CM-PALE, 1 x CM-SPIL, 1/2x CM-MUNH
agroff383 [PAID]: 1x GW-VIEN, 1x CM-PALE, 1x GW-C40, 1x CM-SPIL, 1x TF-MOPA, 1/2x CM-MUNH
BucksPA [PAID]: 1x FB-PILS, 1/2x GW-C15, 1x 5S-PBW8LB, 1x 1763-2 (Cor. lb), 1x 1768-2 (sweet OP lb), 1/2x FB-VIEN
pjmark [PAID]: 1/2x GW-C15, 1x BD-PALE(M), 1x BD-MOPA(M), 1/2x FB-VIEN
elderbrew [PAID]: 1x CM-2ROW, 1x BD-PALE
OLDBREW [PAID]: 1x FB-pale, 1x BZ-VIEN
vanwolfhausen [PAID]: 1x CM-2ROW, 1x BD-MOPA
ferman [PAID]: 1x BZ-MELN, 1x BZ-ACID, 1x CM-RYEM, 1x TF-AMBR, 1x CM-WHET, 1/2x BZ-SMOK
MrFugglz [PAID]: 1x GW-VIEN, 1x GW-C60, 1x 1080-B-1, 2x OS1-LBBAG
KoedBrew [PAID]: 1x CM-2ROW
nos3stg [PAID]: 1x GW-C30
BoundforBeer [PAID]: 1/2x BZ-SMOK, 1x CM-WHET
jimfish [PAID]: 1x BZ-MUNH, 1x CM-WHET
immyc [PAID]: 2x CM-2ROW
rlp518 [PAID]: 1x 1590-B-2(NylonBag)
chrisdb [PAID]: TF-MOPA, 1x FB-SPAR
05m50dan [PAID]: 1x GP-RICE(hulls)
Sergood [PAID]: 1x CM-PALE

How it works: <-----------PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE POSTING QUESTIONS

1. When looking at the sales book, the pricing is in the "2,000# - 4,000#" bracket. Also, figure in $5.00/bag for shipping (drastically increased fuel surcharges).
  2. If you would like to order StarSan or any acid based chemical, there is a $15 Hazmat fee that will be added to the pallet. It can be split up between multiple people ordering StarSan.
  3. If you would like to split a bag, please post that you are interested in a split (50/50, 3rd bag, 1/4 bag). Once the bag is complete, it will be added to the list.
  4. Once the pallet has been filled, everyone will get an individual invoice for their order which can be paid via PayPal(preferred), Cash, Check & Money Order.
  5. After all orders have been PAID, the complete pallet order will be scheduled for delivery. (Usually within 7 days)
  6. If you have any other questions, just post here and ask.

Some notes on payments:

• Paypal is the preferred method of payment. I strongly suggest using this method to avoid delaying the group buy.
  • When sending a Check/Money Order, PLEASE have it in the mail within 48 hours so it doesn't delay the group buy.
  • Cash can be used IN PERSON. I will not cover any cash lost in the mail!
  • If your payment is not received in a timely manner, you risk losing your spot on the group buy.

Cheers!

Seth! Back in the game eh?

Yeah man, finally rigged to brew again. It was too warm in my basement in the summer time and I couldn't keep up with ghetto cooler, right now the temps are perfect, and I'll probably be good through to June (I hope). Tryin to brew up what I can now and fill the pipeline ..

Steve hasn't brewed since the triplets so our stash is pretty big still.

BTW I sent water out for testing to Ward Labs gotta remember to save the report off for you somewhere.

1 x TF-MOPA (Thomas Fawcett Maris Otter)
1 x CM-PALE (Canadian Malting Pale)
1 x CM-SPIL (Canadian Malting Pilsen)

I'd be interested in a 50/50 split of Munich (CM-MUNH or BM-MUNH) and Wheat (CM-WHET) malts

Also, if possible I'd like to have my grain milled as long as it doesn't hold up the order too much. If someone can recommend a grain mill that isn't too expensive, ~$50-80, then I could get whole grain.

1 x TF-MOPA (Thomas Fawcett Maris Otter)
1 x CM-PALE (Canadian Malting Pale)
1 x CM-SPIL (Canadian Malting Pilsen)

I'd be interested in a 50/50 split of Munich (CM-MUNH or BM-MUNH) and Wheat (CM-WHET) malts

Also, if possible I'd like to have my grain milled as long as it doesn't hold up the order too much. If someone can recommend a grain mill that isn't too expensive, ~$50-80, then I could get whole grain.

I will go in on a half of Munich...

I'm in for:

1 x FB-PILS
1 x GW-C15 (Split 50/50 with pjmark)
1 x 5S-PBW8LB
1 x 1763-2 (Coriandor lb)
1 x 1768-2 (sweet orange peel lb)

1 x FB-VIEN (Split 50/50 with pjmark)

Thanks!

Please order me:
1 x CM-2Row
1 x BD-Pale

If possible, I'd like a third of a bag of 20L Crystal Malt
1/3 x TF-PCRY

Thanks,
Mike

Does anyone want to split a sack of BZ-SMOK. Make some great smoked beers?

I'd do a 1/4 sack of the BZ smoke malt

Anyone want to do some splits on Franco Belges Caramel Vienna malt 1/4, 1/3rds??

Sethga.. What splits of specialty malts are you looking at

Jeff put us down for

1x FB-pale

Anyone in on this buy interested in 3 pound quart jars of the real deal dark candi inc. D2 belgian candi syrup @ 10 bucks a jar, let me know by posting in this thread

I'll take a 1/4 or 1/3rd of the smoked

1/2 a sack is a lot of smoked malt

1 bag of CM-2Row

I'd be interested in a 1/2 or quarter bag of a darker specialty malt I plan on an ESB, Dubbel, an IIPA and maybe a Stout? (Is the CM-2Row cool for those?)

I am also in the market for a Grain Mill, If I could get it milled I would like that if not I am going to buy a mill eventually I will just get one.

thanks ferman for jumping in over me on a split I asked to be included in on page 2 before you even posted. you could at least have split it with me, instead of taking the whole half sack.
what are you doing.. buying for the club, or reselling all this malt your buying each round? you cant be brewing that much beer

thanks ferman for jumping in over me on a split I asked to be included in on page 2 before you even posted. you could at least have split it with me, instead of taking the whole half sack.
what are you doing.. buying for the club, or reselling all this malt your buying each round? you cant be brewing that much beer

OLDBREW - are you talking about the smoked malt? If so, I must have missed your post saying you wanted some. It's not a problem, though. You can have it. I didn't need it but was just trying to help him out.

Jeff - please remove me from the smoked split.

Updated to this point.

Whats the deal with the smoked malt? You guys going to split it 3 ways or what? Bound, OLDBREW & ferman?

Everyone, check what i have for you so far in case i missed anything.

I am fine with 1/3 split on smoked malt too. But I think I am already on thin ice with OLDBREW so it's totally up to him. I don't want to cause any ripples.

Jeff - can you please add me a full sack of CM-WHET?

BZ-WHT is fine with me, but I'll probably need it milled (no prospects on a cheap grain mill) if that's okay with you.

Id really rather not get it pre crushed. What I could do is mill it for you with my monster mill. We could do that and your other sacks of grain your getting if you wanted (save you some money). Problem is you would have to come over to my house and depends on when the pick up date would be as to if it would work that night. If this sounds like to much trouble let me know. I live in South Philly.

BoundForBeer said:
Id really rather not get it pre crushed. What I could do is mill it for you with my monster mill. We could do that and your other sacks of grain your getting if you wanted (save you some money). Problem is you would have to come over to my house and depends on when the pick up date would be as to if it would work that night. If this sounds like to much trouble let me know. I live in South Philly.

I work at Penn and live in southwest so I'd have to drive back over the bridge to get home. I wouldnt mind stopping at your place on my home if you are willing to have me. However, like you said it might be more trouble than it's worth, especially since I'll be getting 4 sacks of grain. Let me know what you think

Back