Popped the top on my first bottle!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adhomebrew10

Reaction score
OK... Admittedly, too early, but I couldn't wait. 3.5 days in the bottle, and I had to make sure it was carbing correctly. :rolleyes:

A slight psst when I opened the bottle, but that was it. Otherwise only barely carbed. However, I must say, that is one of the best APA's I have ever tatsed, if I do say so myself. I am proud of this batch: My first brew, my own recipe, and a good dose of patience, right up until tonight anyway.

Thanks for all the advice and help so far. Even without asking questions this forum is a wealth of knowledge.
:mug:

Just wait until you let it carb up right, you'll be so happy with it. I remember my first batch like it was yesterday!

Yeah I remember my first bottle. It was a Belgian Triple extract kit...I waited 2 weeks....OMFG it was almost like a religious experience....this beautiful beer that I MADE!!! I MADE THIS!!!

since that day I was addicted.

Take a sixer and hide it, no... ...seriously... ...do it... ...in 3 months it'll be the best beer you've ever had.

Pssst... ...I still have about a gallon of my first batch left. It's over a year old and it's FANTASTIC! I put one of the kegs aside until I couldn't stand it anymore!

I made a decision back when I bottled my first batch, I was going to put bottles aside for the 6-month, and 1 year anniversaries of each batch's bottle date. In doing so I've actually found a few batches that, once I get around to brewing them again, will be bottled and immediately put aside to age for months prior to drinking (minus one or two testers, of course).

That is a good idea. I will have to reserve some for 6 month and 1 year and see how the flavor profile changes.

Ha! I gotcha beat. I'm at 4 days in the bottle on my first batch. :)

I got to admit it's hard staring at them, I'm sure it will get easier when more beer has been brewed and plenty of batches are available to drink.

Glad to here your happy with your brew.

Ben

Latest posts

Back