stealing Dogfish head yeast

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

avibayer

Reaction score
does anyone know what kind of yeast is in the dogfish head squal ipa? i washed some, and its in my starter. plan on using it for my next batch. just curious if it has a name other than "that yeast i got from squal".
:tank:

I don't know... but, for their beer in general, I've had a conversation with someone who does know and came away from the conversation with the impression that Dogfish uses a lot of S-05.;)

Hmmm. Well, whichever it was, its in my new batch, and they are eating lots of sugar happily. 48 after pitch and the airlock is going nuts.

I've got the extreme brewing book from Sam C and the 60 minute calls for ringwood. Yooper has a great 60 clone but she uses pacman.

yup. she will be sixty soon (dont tell her i told you), and she loves dogfish 120. but really, who doesn't. we used to vacation in rehobeth when i was little, so dogfish is a bit sentimental for us too.

hammy, do you not like IPA's in general, or the dogfish 120 in particular? i am surprised.

odaniel, thanks for the heads up, and the link. It will be much more of a feat than i had originally anticipated, and i think i will wait on this one. Am gearing up for the Stone XI anniversary batch.

wlp099 is what kind of yeast? Like i said at the start, this whole thread was to know what type of yeast i put in my most recent batch, i the hopes to anticipate flavors and such.

hammy, do you not like IPA's in general, or the dogfish 120 in particular? i am surprised.

odaniel, thanks for the heads up, and the link. It will be much more of a feat than i had originally anticipated, and i think i will wait on this one. Am gearing up for the Stone XI anniversary batch.

wlp099 is what kind of yeast? Like i said at the start, this whole thread was to know what type of yeast i put in my most recent batch, i the hopes to anticipate flavors and such.

I love IPA's and I don't like the 120 either. Too malty for my tastes.

I'm not a big fan of Dogfish 60min IPA either. I do (strangely enough) love the 90 minute. As far as IPAs.... I like'em....but for a local IPA (DE, MD, PA...etc...) I'll go with a Clipper City Heavy Seas anyday....Just my opinion....lotta people like what Dogfish has to offer....To each his own...

Back