So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really want to, but not sure if I'll have the time. Trying to get a friend and his wife to come over and check out the All Grain method. They've brewed extract a few times and seem to enjoy it.

I need to email the LHBS and get them to throw together the ingredients for an all-grain Samuel Smith Oatmeal Stout clone that I want to try. The trick is getting SWMBO to not notice, or sign off on it... I've had good luck with asking forgiveness instead of permission in the past, so that may be the route I'll take....

I need to email the LHBS and get them to throw together the ingredients for an all-grain Samuel Smith Oatmeal Stout clone that I want to try. The trick is getting SWMBO to not notice, or sign off on it... I've had good luck with asking forgiveness instead of permission in the past, so that may be the route I'll take....

Mayeb get ingredients to make something just for her as well. It is also an good excuse to get another fermenter while you are at it.

Well, we were given a bottle of SS Oatmeal Stout, and she really liked it. So I may get away with this without much fuss ;)

Haven't decided between my Fake Czech Pilsner with US-05 or a Multigain Harvest ale with local sorghum, wheat and rye plus homegrown cascades and nugget. Probably go with the multigrain to help clear out my surplus of ingredients.

Happy brewing to all this weekend (and beyond)!!:mug:

Success! I can't wait to get home from work and start getting things together for Saturday morning!

0926131819.jpg

Hopeullfy finishing my keggle this weekend and then brewing a tank 7 kit from AHBS next weekend if I can pull the trigger on it. WHAT KIT DO YOU GUYS SUGGEST FROM AHBS?!

Saison tomorrow morning for some friends' wedding party, then a half batch of pumpkin ale for the lady friend. First time brewing with my new Chugger pump. Stoked.

Didn't really feel like brewing, but I have 2 empty carboys just staring at me.... so I bought 2 partial mash kits from the local brewing supply store. True Brew Red Ale, and Bavarian Hefeweisen. Brewing the Hefeweisen now...

just brewed up a brett ipa yesterday with wlp650. checked on things 18 jours in and she is up up and away! first brett beer cant wait

Just starting the boil on a slight variation of the oatmeal chocolate porter from the recipe database here. I'm going to let it sit until Christmas once it's done.

Came down with a cold which scotched plans to attend a local gathering of home brewing souls, decided to do a double brew day instead, and cranked out a Pale and a homegrown hopped IPA. So the day wasn't a total loss...

ForumRunner_20130928_195906.jpg

Cheers!

I am planning to do a brown ale and my breakfast stout tomorrow if I can get out of bed and get an early start. This is my busiest brewing time of the year as I try to stock pile for the winter since I coach and do not have time to brew. I feel like a pro keeping a chart of what carboy has what and when it will be available again.

Bottled my Dunkel Lager today. First time to do a lager. I'm interested to taste the final product. The sampler was yummy. :)

Got a yeast starter going right now for the IPA I'm gonna brew in the morning.

Brewing - Karma Citra IPA
Primary - None
Secondary - Who Said Pumpkin Head Cider, Golden Buda Ale
Bottles - Charlie Murphy Darkness Milk Stout

Brewing a dark mild. It'll bring me to 22 gallons this year. Glad I was able to free up a fermenter with a middle-of-the-night bottling just now. :D

Just did a Red Bread Ale. Tweeked the hop time from 45 to 30 minutes. Did you know its National Drink a Beer day? I know my favorite holiday. :)

ForumRunner_20130929_145340.png

Not brewing this weekend, but I am in a conundrum about what to do with my brewing schedule and figured this would be a good place to ask instead of starting a thread.

I want to have my IIPA and Black IIPA ready in time for Christmas. But, due to my busy schedule the rest of the year this becomes VERY difficult to accomplish. One way I could do this is if I bottled my Altbier a week early. I was planning on a 24 day secondary but if I bottle it after a 17 day secondary my brewing plans would work out. My question is if this would be detrimental to the quality of the Alt?

Made a blueberry pyment. Racked all my other small batch meads to secondary.
1-3 gal blueberry pyment
1 basswood/wildflower mead
1-blueberry/wildflower mead
1-1/2 basswood/wildflower 1/2 blueberry wildflower-melomel with black cherry juice
2 gallons of bluberry melomel/wine mix
1 gallon + 1 growler of blackberry wine
Almost 10 gallons at once- new record for me. Thing is I still have an empty 6.5 gallon bottle-bucket(which Ive fermented 5 gallons of beer in before) an empty 5 gallon bucket and an empty 3 gallon keg still.

Oh, and I have a month old 1.5 gal JAOM which is clearing well and will bottle when fruit drops hopefully in another month

Back