Turbo cider information

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SUFTUM

Reaction score
Hey everyone! Just joined the world of home brewing! Going well so far, although I have only tried apple turbo cider (getting practice in before anything major!)
I did 2 batches of 10L and it worked a treat, and I've now developed it to a 25L barrel. Basically what I need to fix out is if the 2L batch will take longer to ferment than the 2L bottles I did originally?

Any help will be appreciated!

Few errors in there....

I meant if the 25L batch will take as long as the 2L bottles I did originally?

Thanks

Turbo cider... As in using turbo yeast? Is that why it's called turbo cider? If so, I'd highly recommend against that stuff. Used it when I first started getting into distilling (when I distilled) and it gave me a ton of product and finished fermenting in 3 days, but the stuff I got out of it tasted like corn flavored race fuel. 42 proof before it even touched the still, you know the yeast were pissed the whole time fermenting when it got that toxic in there. I can only imagine the headaches and acetone taste from a cider fermented with that stuff.

Thanks for the reply, but the stuff I've made is turbo cider using apple juice and champagne yeast with sugar added.

Thanks

Latest posts

Back