20 Questions: Beer Edition!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reno_eNVy

Reaction score
So I've been regular on the "name beer style based on pic" game for a while and I wanted to start up something new.

20 Questions: Beer Edition

Rules:

1) Whoever's turn it is (the Questioner) thinks of something from one of the following groupings:
- beer category (BJCP or otherwise)
- beer ingredient (grains, hops, spices, herbs, yeast... heck, even water)
- brewing equipment (carboy, MLT, auto-siphon, etc)

2) The guessing begins. Similar to normal 20 Questions, smart first-guesses should be general, such as asking one of the above. "Is it a category?"

3) In order to ensure the game moves at a decent and acceptable pace, when it is your turn you must answer at least one question in the span of 24 hours or until 20 different users have guessed, whichever comes first. (i.e. 24 hours from the time the Questioner states something like, "Okay, I have one ready. Start guessing.") If you fail to do so, somebody else can take a turn as Questioner.

4) Each individual user can only guess once until the Questioner has responded to at least one question. Keep them to questions that can be answered with a "yes" or "no"

5) If a user guesses correctly they have 24 hours to state they are ready or somebody else can take a turn.

I hope this works out and ends up being fun! If Rule #3 ends up not working out great we can always figure out something that would work better.

So, I have one ready to go. Start guessing!

Yes

EDIT: Yes to west coast. As far as color, it varies greatly from straw to dark copper

Well, that question's a bit vague, and I'd think every answer would be "yes" if you read that literally.

So I'll say it's not used during brew day (at least, it's not designed to be) and assume that's what you meant.

Edit (too late on the response): It's not a racking cane

Back