custom bottle caps?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sneakypete

Reaction score
Does anyone know if there is any way to get custom bottle caps, if we wanted to put a logo or saying on the top?

that is pretty cool with the caps. I also only want 1-200 caps. What's a homebrewer to do?:D

turfguy1969 said:
it seems either gold or silver is all i find anyway. Does anyone even sell different colored caps?
My LHBS has a dozen or more colors available. They are in bins, with a scoop and scale...sold by the pound! Great for keeping track of different batches.

Thanks for the help everybody!! I went to that site to order the stamp. I get it in 8 days or so, and I'll let you all know how it works when it comes in.

That was a great idea!!

If I have run out of unique color caps, I will use a colored sharpie on the cap (which my 10 yr old dau loves to do) . I plan to use this technique to distinguish betw 2 different yeasts used for a split batch (Nottingham and Windsor)

I also sometimes use those small round labels, and stick them on the bottle, but the sharpie is easier and I don't have to worry abt getting the label off when I re-use the bottle

BTW - does anyone have a sense for how many times a bottle can be re-used ? Even with judicious cleaning etc. m, is there a practical limit ??

I think there is a limit, but not based on cleaning. It's more of a stress on the bottleneck thing.

Unfortunatly, the only way you know you've reached it is when you break the bottle opening or capping it. Obviously if you find any cracks or chips you should also retire that bottle.

Back