Super Siphon

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Beere

Deep Six Brewing Co.
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Randomly found this link the other day- thought I'd post it before I lost it forever...

Super Siphon Hose

supersiphon-edited.gif

Safely and Easily Transfer Liquids!
Transfer a 5 gallon container of gas in less than 1 ½ min, without any dripping. Also good for transferring diesel, paint, or oil. Safely transfer gas to your boat, Jet Ski, or even your lawnmower without the danger of spilling. Empty out the bilge, or the bottom of your boat, with just a few quick shakes to start the siphoning.
Just drop the pump end, which works like a check valve, into whatever liquid you want to siphon and snap the hose up and down a few times to start the flow. Super Siphon Demo As you snap the hose down into the liquid, the check valve allows the liquid in the hose, but not back out. When enough liquid gets into the hose, the Super Siphoning effect takes over, and the liquid starts flowing. Siphoning has never been easier!
supersiphon.jpg

HERE'S A SUPER PRACTICAL PRODUCT FOR A SUPER PRICE!
The Super Siphon is a perfect siphoning tool for:
  • Fuel - Gas or Diesel
  • Water - Fish Tanks, Ponds, Fountains, Waterbeds, Small Pools
  • Beer & Wine - Perfect for home brewers!
  • Great companion during hiking, fishing and backpacking!
Around the house you can easily transfer liquids from aquariums, clogged up sinks or tubs,
fish ponds, or to empty out your Jacuzzi.
And so much more! Antifreeze, coolants, petrol, keep in your tool kit for any emergency!
supersiphon-animated.gif

These things are great. We've been using them on our boat for about 10 yrs. I have one in the garage for the lawnmowers. I'm not sure I'd like to put one in my beer though. I have even seen them in Lowes and HD recently.

Used to use this to do groundwater sampling on 60-80 foot deep wells...talk about a PITA. 1/2" rigid tubing with a check valve at the bottom. Had to swallow your pride and deal with the funny looks from people as you stand next to the well and 'jack' the tubing up and down for 1/2 hour to purge the well.

Anyway, I like the idea but a more rigid hose/tube would be better than a soft one. That sounded bad...well, you know what I mean (I hope!).

Wow, I wish I had one of those when I had my large fish tank. That would have made water changes so much easier!

So it is just a little one way valve on the end of the hose? If that is the case I would be afraid that the rocking action would kick up the yeast.

Anyway, I like the idea but a more rigid hose/tube would be better than a soft one. That sounded bad...well, you know what I mean (I hope!).

Yeah I hate flaccid hose. I prefer a nice sized stiff hose.

You probably can cut the end piece off and attach it to a racking cane.

The Super Siphons work very well. The check valve is nothing more than a marble captured by the brass fitting at the end. I only use it for non-wort stuff as I'm not all that confident about sanitizing it thoroughly. Mostly use it for draining cleaning solutions from carboys/tubs etc. Be cautious when using it on glass carboys as you could very easily bang the bottom or side of the carboy with the brass fitting when pumping it to start the siphon and that could break the glass. Makes stealing gas a breeze! I hate the taste of gasonline in the morning.

and it seems like the way the valve works, you would introduce too much oxygen when racking.

and it seems like the way the valve works, you would introduce too much oxygen when racking.

I don't think this will be an issue. The end of the tubing where the check valve is located is submerged the entire time when using. The siphon would not work if air were permitted to enter it at all.

I have Two of these that I use for fuel oil and other chemicals around the garage. I picked them up at Lowes in the plumbing section.

Back