pics wont post

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I insert them with the insert image option and an x keeps coming up. ARGH!! Any ideas?

You need to link to something that's already online. Linking to something on your computer doesn't work because we can't access your computer. Use something like flickr or photobucket to upload your files, then link to them.

I insert them with the insert image option and an x keeps coming up. ARGH!! Any ideas?

I believe that you have to be a member for a certain period of time, and have a certain # of posts for them to appear. It is a spam thing. Or maybe you are linking them wrong.

That would make sense as far as the spam thing goes. The pic is on flickr but still wont post. I'll put up the link and if someone else could post it I would really appreciate it. A good friend of mine did my label and I wanted to let folks see his work and give his email. Extreamly creative guy.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/40248932@N06/3746329502/sizes/l/in/photostream/

Obviously there are 4 labels on the pic. :)

that's a link to the page on flickr, you need to right click on the image and click properties, then copy the URL like this:
3746329502_3f5ce8ffa4_b.jpg

He doesnt know I posted it. He does design for x-box and ps3 games. His latest one coming out is 6 Days in Fallujah I just wanted to give him props.

Jesserc, I just saw that I cant post a pic without being a paying member. makes sense to me. But I tried to join and I can only do it using paypal. I dont use paypal. My account got hacked years ago and that was it for me. Thanks for posting it for me. :)

Yeah, its the same one but he is now making one for my Honey Ale, Porter and Red Ale. So I thought I would put this back up and see is he gets any interest.

1stTimer you can still post pics

See:
cat_drinking_beer-12950.jpg

Just right click the picture you want to post and click "copy image location" then click the insert image button (pretty mountains with yellow sky) and paste it in there and you're good to go

I don't think that's cheating the system...is it? :eek:

technically they are both links, however he is right, clicking on the "pretty mountains with yellow sky is the way to do it. There isnt a way to directly embed an image by uploading. Well you can up load to your account , but you then have to link to it.

Back